Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Piercng

Options
  • 03-10-2004 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

About a year ago got a scaffold piercing done(not gonna mention what studio), always been a bit troublesome, keloids developing and that, anyway im in snakebite the other day getting a new bar for a different piercing and I ask the guy if there's anything can be done to help the keloids on the scaffold....

He tells me it was pierced wrong, basicly the angles of the two holes arent in-line which means in one hole the bar ends up pushing into the ear, causing pressure and a keloid.

Was done by a very reputable piercer in a very reputable studio(one usually highly endorsed by members on this board - not metal morphosis) the guy in snakebite was pretty shocked when i told him who did it.

When i got it done it was just before closing time so maybe he was in a hurry but he disn't seem that kinda guy.

Just wondering what should I do? go back and complain I could do, but it's not like he can re-heal the ear. This ever happened to anyone? maybe demand free piercings\vouchers but then not really gonna go in to that studio now!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'd go back
    if u really wanted to u cud try get compo for that
    if this was america you wud without a seconds thought lol

id go back anyway let him know so he wont do it again yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I dunno they can deny ever doing it to be honest plus I doubt they would be willing to do a whole lot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There'd be the disclaimer form dealy as a record that they'd done it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I don't know how you can 100% say it was the way it was pierced that caused the keloid in the first place, one of the piercings may have migrated and started to cause irritation and thus a keloid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭crash n byrne

I'd go back
    if u really wanted to u cud try get compo for that
    if this was america you wud without a seconds thought lol

id go back anyway let him know so he wont do it again yeah

Not a chance of getting compo in this country, there is no legislation to prosecute(yet). Besides you most likeky signed a consent form, which if you read the small print states that the healing of any piercing is your sole responsibility. By all means go back to the shop and show them im sure if it is as bad as you say they will do there best to look after it, nothing worse than getting a bad reputation in the piercing industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It may not be a true keloid as they are quite rare. It sounds like a hypertrophic scar which is caused by irritation and is very common in cartilage piercings. You could try taking out the piercing and let it close up while rubbing it everyday with vitamin E oil to soften the scar before getting it repierced. A hypertrophic scar will go away if the source of irritation is removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tinsel

if you go back to where you got it done ask them to take it out for you...best to just do it again...ask for a different piercer in the same shop to redo it when it heals...they should do this free of charge...
    if you wanted to get even more outta them you could try asking for some discounts on any body jewellery they sell!

Advertisement