Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and roll dancing in Dublin?

• 03-10-2004 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Does anybody know any place to dance rock and roll (fifties style) in Dublin or where to take Rock&Roll lesson?.
    I will apprectiate the info.
    Thanks ;) .

Gustavo.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Eddies rockets?

I have NO idea, but it could be cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I was gonna suggest Eddie Rockets too! Maybe just do it on the street and people will probably give you money for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Try JJ Smyths on Georges Street for some rockabilly swing type dancin' or the Cobblestone in Smithfield. There was a 50's style thing in JJ's but it could be in the Cobblestone now, not too sure. There is a Northern Soul night in the Gingerman and one in Crawdaddy, once a month. Try entertainment.ie for more.

I went to the one in the Gingerman and was giving it socks, more skanin' than jivin but thats why im called tony 2 tone...... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks tony 2 tone. I'll try that.
    LordChessington seems to have experience asking for money in the street. :-))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

The Dice Bar! Every Sunday night they have rockabilly, psychobilly, northern soul and rock'n'roll!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

yeah the dice bar is deadly. sin e on friday night play a good mix of rock'n'roll and ska too.

Advertisement