Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most Scary Film?

• 18-10-2000 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

What do you think is the most scary film???

Doc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

John Carpenters 'the thing', everytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

There are some real greats. The Thing would be a prime choice amongst others such as Freaks, The Howling and Heavenly creatures.

I do not get The Exorcist though. Is it scary? I could'nt tell frown.gif

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep, the thing gets my vote. closely followed by alien, though i say alien when I was eight, so being scared witless and traumatised probably has something to do with my opinion of it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

it hought Event horizon was fairly shocking :P wasnt really scary more gory especially when they saw what happened to the former crew , yknow eyeballs ripped out and bleeding in hands etc. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

The Shining.

Although to be honest, the only thing that truly scared the living s hite out of me in my entire life was Twin Peaks. Man, that was some freaky, menacing stuff. Not really suitable for a 11 year old (which i was at the time).

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

i eould have to say poltergiest was the only film i have been truly scared of in my life(i was 9 or 10 when i seen it) i haven't seen it since. other than that i thought the blair witch project was crap except for the very last scene were you seen the geezer standing in the corner(that scared the sh1te outa me)

"drink up trig were going"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

yeh Poltergeist when i was about 11 - the only ones that had any effect on me in the last ten years or so are Candyman, Paperhouse and Event Horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The ending was intense but the rest of it was utter b0llocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Not really wanting to get into another Blair witch thread but it was a very successful psychological horror. So many people say it was crap but i was working in the screen at the time and in every show the cinema was deathly quiet and everyone was glued to the screen. I thought it was a great film. I dont want to see it again but i thought worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Well Candyman got my vote I couldn't say it three times in front of the mirror unless there was someone else was with me.

Doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well the blair witch i thought was good . i liked the ending was very good but you did need to pay attention to detail a lot during the entire film otherwise you would louse it . though it did drag out a lot . couldent waight to see them die at one point but did see the film 2 times and would watch it if i was on the tv . as for going to see the second one doubtfull .

anyways the most scary movie i have ever seen would be my parents wedding video was made id say about 25 years ago around was low buget film but when i was made watch it made me decide i could never watch it again or get married without being very drunk at the time . tongue.gif

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Something Wicked This Way Comes - Disney like but scared the ****e outta me....still does in a sleepy kinda way.

9mm - Pure human vileness and obsessiveness.

Poltergeist - indeed.

The Shining - Mento!

The real shiot scares me way more than the ****ed up stuff. People scare me like not monsters and bo*** men. The state of mind stuff, obsessiveness, compulsiveness etc.

Who here wasn't scared when they gave that obsessively anal tv3 dj geezer his own slot??? Thats eerie ****e right there...someone looked at this guy, met him and decided "You know what you'd be perfect for??....".. brrr. creepy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i would have to say.......street fighter : the movie! SCARED ME ****LESS!

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Deliverance when I was about 12 and watched it on my own in the house.
    Nearly brown trouser time at the end when the hand came out of the water.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

yup - Poltergeist - saw it first when I was like 10 or something. I also remember V being on the other channel and that used to freak me out too.

The freakiest film I've ever seen is The Blair Witch Project (begin "that was sh1te" threads now), but it had a serious impact on me. The ending was so intense and psychological it was scary!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Ladies if you please,
    The Shining:there are too many parts to illustrate but the bit where the kid is cycling around the halls in his tricycle, and the twins appear scared me s***less.
    Candyman 1,2,3:These are pretty frickin scary movies dont miss them.

Hey ThunderingMike how did u get the little animation from Metal Slug as a signature?
    Its pretty snazzy u know!

I nearly forgot, one from that guy that writes horror, Stephen King and its called "It", it will probably mentally scar a child under the age of 10 for life if said child watched it on his/her own.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Ghostbusters of course, with the 100ft stay-puffed Marshmallow Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Doc:
    Well Candyman got my vote I couldn't say it three times in front of the mirror unless there was someone else was with me.

Doc

Hey Dave... hate to say "I told you so" but... it WAS five times... 3 times was Beetlejuice...

See for yourself at http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0103919 The tagline of the film was "Dare you say his name 5 times?" So there... fnarrrr! ... How are things anyway?

As for scary movies, - Jaws scared the shiite out of me when I was a kid... gave me nightmares for a while... (well I would have only been 4 or 5 at the time...)

bard.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

some kevin bacon movie that inspired 6th sense that i saw this year had great chilling moments.
    i dont scare easily but movies like thin red line tend to terrify me, though not a scary movie.

maybe shining. maybe thing.
    i havent seen event horizon though, i'll have to get me some of that action.

Advertisement