Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mudders

• 04-10-2004 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

right I'm basically just wondering if there are any mudders who are on here...more specifically players of the fantastic (and free!) discworld mud ( http://discworld.atuin.net )....

so yeah...thats pretty much it really

Nic (Cody on the DW mud...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Try the roleplaying forum.. you will find people who mud there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hobbes wrote:
    Try the roleplaying forum.. you will find people who mud there.

Filthy beggars :p

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

why is it that everyone presumes that all mudders are roleplayers?...I am not a roleplayer. to me, this seems like the board where my posts should be.

Nic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I've played Return of the Shadow on and off now for 5 years. Its based on Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books.

Telnet/JMC/Zmud to 18.95.2.121:3791 to play.

Pretty excellent game but has been screwed over by a horrible generation of players and/or lack of Coders.

Few other Irish people used to play there too but I'm not so sure nowadays.

I'm not really into MUDS at all apart from ROTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I used to take MUD very seriously and played a lot, stopped a few months ago because my cabal died.

I never moved to a new MUD because I find most of them too laggy (I must have under 90ms DSL ping from Ireland), and I would only play a decent PK MUD which requires a bit of skill and isn't full of 14 year old Americans. I think this criteria is a bit too narrow since I haven't been able to find anywhere like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I don't RP either and I agree that this is the right forum for a thread about MUD; the original MMORPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

nicryan wrote:
    why is it that everyone presumes that all mudders are roleplayers?...I am not a roleplayer. to me, this seems like the board where my posts should be.

Nic

The reason I suggested the RP forum is because I use to moderate it, and it was actually the MMO/RP/Mud forum before this forum came into existance.

In fact this forum only appeared because the MMORPG players didn't want to associate themselves with RP'ers when in fact MMO players are more nerdy IMHO. :p

Advertisement