Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers..........

• 04-10-2004 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

ye should all come in for a good look, they look as i dunno goofy as ever, ran into all of 1st yr sci earlier, could ye have a more lost bunch ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Probably not.. Was our enlightened Pet among them though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

meh do i know what pet looks like?! and sure twas lotsa em blocking up the corridors, useless waste of space.....

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i know they totally do block the corridors dont they, with their wandering around looking reeallly confused! was trying to get to the east end computer room in the basement and it took ages....guess i cant complain too much though, i mean i was one of them last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

as lost as lost can be

My god.. your first day of not being a fresher and you really milk it don't you. Feeling all superior now are ya?
    Personally I envy them.. Wish I was in such awe of everything.
    "You mean these newspapers are FREE!"

• Advertisement

i was a fresher 5yrs ago and i hated it

Feeling all superior now are ya?
    not at all, was just in a teeny bit of a bad mood tbh, which im over now :)
    actually yeah youre prob right ApeX bout envying them, jf science people have such an easy year ahead of them..hrm yup cant wait for my free newspapers again, i mean i actually had to pay money for them over the summer :eek: lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Wish I was in such awe of everything.
    "You mean these newspapers are FREE!"

"We don't have to wear uniforms?"
    "We don't have to go to lectures?"
    "We can go to a pub right here in school???"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

im just back from my first day.. give us a break!!!! its been a long, scary, weird, weird, WEIRD day.. i miss secondary school.. gimme drunk teachers any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Sparks wrote:
    "We don't have to wear uniforms?"
    "We don't have to go to lectures?"
    "We can go to a pub right here in school???"

:D
    Heh, my thoughts exactly. :D
    Probably not.. Was our enlightened Pet among them though?

I probably was...and I probably did look like a lost little boy too tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What happene today in the pub, I arrived back and yea where gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hehehe i ran into apexaviour later on in the pav, they'd been throwing around tampons and getting drunk :D

figures.

[EDIT]
    o and how'd u get on yesterday kev?

And yeah i do feel all superior to the freshers, i actually know where i'm going walking around the college...........

[/EDIT]

crash_000 wrote:
    they'd been throwing around tampons and getting drunk :D

Like I always say: when you find tampons on the ground, dip them in ketchup and fuk them at people..

Originally posted by ApeXaviour:
    Like I always say: when you find tampons on the ground, dip them in ketchup and fuk them at people..
    im wonderding why they were on de ground in the first place, seems such i waste :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

That's nearly as good as condoms in mayo. Again though a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i dont want to know what the tampons thing is about, i'm just hoping its some weird metaphor im not getting.

yeah, monday was a good day. however, my first freshers day it seemed like front square had a much bigger carnival athmosphere, maybe it was the bit of rain, or the fact that i'm used to it but this year didnt seem as hyped.

there seemed to be plenty of societies and clubs to cater for nearly all interests so that was good. it was good that ppl from boards actually did meet up in the pav, but i dont think every one made it, unless everyone from boards is male and from the hamiliton (actually probably everyone did make it).

so wednesday week, more of the same, hopefully more ppl will come. at least i wont have to say , eh, are you, like, from boards, like.

(apes friends thought for a while it was something to do with timber).

just realising i basically dont have a point so i'll stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hehe - whatcha think of the comedy yoke actually? thought the first guy Neil Delamare was class but Dave Doherty was a bit...****e tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yah, the first guy was better.

i've seen dave before, he was better than, it actually may have been freshers week 3 years ago. i dont think he had a good show, he usually picks on the crowd a bit more. neil's jokes about das were good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭celingfan

Apex i didn't heaabout this tampon throwing incident!!!!Who did you rob them off.Some poor fresher is going to be a mess now because of you ,the shame!!!!!!
    I would have ofered you €10 to try and eat itand knowing how pissed you where you probably ould have done it !!!!

• Advertisement

tampons.jpg

They were just on the ground celing.. an empty box nearby

ew :S
    actually im thinking that woulda been quite funny to see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

lol thats pretty disgusting looking. Im so glad thats ketchup.

yeah it only funny when ye know its ketchup....

its only funny when u know its ketchup and no one else does...

it could be even funnier if it wasnt ketchup, and only you knew it was ketchup and everyone else thought it was ketchup. now wouldnt that be hilariously funny?

Who are the (manic-looking) people in the picture? And who's the Alanis Morissette fan? (Mad props to him/her.)

They're mates of mine Pet. The reason they look so manic is cos I had the camera out and they're a pair of posers the both of them..

What's the alanis reference about?
    I'm a big fan wouldya believe... Something that has remained with me since my very early days of music appreciation. :)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    They're mates of mine Pet. The reason they look so manic is cos I had the camera out and they're a pair of posers the both of them..

What's the alanis reference about?
    I'm a big fan wouldya believe... Something that has remained with me since my very early days of music appreciation. :)
    The Alanis reference is because I went to the homepage (is it yours?) that hosted that pic, and it had some work-in-progress flash-homage-to-alanis.

Also, I'm a big fan too. First album I ever bought, I dug it out recently and I enjoy it as much now as I did when I was 10. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

That was the first album I got too. Well, really I stole it off my sister. It was really good.

Advertisement