Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs ireland on Eurosport Sat

• 04-10-2004 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

On eurosport sat night for those Sky Tv challenged people.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

its also on BBC, RTE and TV5. How come Sky don't have this one? They paid a lot of money for the rights and don't show the most attractive match in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thought they did :confused:

Thought i seen an ad for ti during one of the games over the weekend.
    Doubt anyone cares , pub showing it , pub shows everything , we love pub.

/me wonders how mate who bought my €120 flight and €15 match ticket will get on.

kdjac

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

KdjaC wrote:
    Doubt anyone cares , pub showing it , pub shows everything , we love pub.

that is the single greatest thing ever said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

eirebhoy wrote:
    its also on BBC, RTE and TV5. How come Sky don't have this one? They paid a lot of money for the rights and don't show the most attractive match in years.

Because in the deal they made back in 2002 they did not get the rights to away competitive matches.

por wrote:
    Because in the deal they made back in 2002 they did not get the rights to away competitive matches.
    They showed the Swiss match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

eirebhoy wrote:
    They showed the Swiss match.

Hmmm, maybe they got them when the non-exclusive deal was struck last year, I did not even bother to look on Sky for the Swiss game as I knew it was on RTE, give me RTE anyday over Sky for an Ireland game.

I don't want to be watching the most pessimistic people in the world in Dunphy and Co. At least Sky do things like player interviews and actually put in a bit of an effort. People get slated for watching Big Brother but RTE's pre-match and aftermatch "analysis" is just as bad. On commentary, there is no way I could listen to George Hamilton for 90mins. Also, Sky usually have a few sights or whatever and let the people outside the pubs of Bathavanue have their say, etc. I like to see how we're being represented across the water.:) One more thing, the sound on the British stations is always a lot better and creates a better atmosphere.

It'll be interesting to see who's on the BBC team though.

Advertisement