Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubbing at 9am

• 04-10-2004 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I was on my way to work this morning and passed a pub up near the fruit market (off Capel St). Its an early house.... this morning it was full of people outside smoking... anyway there was dance music blaring out of the pub... decided to poke my head in to see what it was like..... the place was packed ... DJ was playing and it was kicking.... if only i didnt have to go to work today...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

thats just scary.. the thought.... just the thought of clubbing on a monday morning makes me feel ill :)

lol. sounds like fun. pity i'm not a student anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

As if you'd slipped into a parallel universe where Ireland's licensing laws were not as stupid! Although clubbing on a Monday morning would be very weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

find out the name of that place, we need a place like this!>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Sounds like a good place for a Boards Beers :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh.. god damn that sounds like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

What did you say the name of that place was. Would be great on a sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Well i was just talking to a mate of mine and apparantly the DJ is there on Sat and Mon mornings..... to get to the place you go up Capel st (away from the bridge)... take the left turn just before that new bar Yello and it is about 30 feet away... i know the pub used to be called the Claddagh but i think it is a different name now.... might go up at lunchtime... that would be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Several 'Early Houses' put on gigs for shift workers finishing up after their weeks work - I used go out on Monday mornings when I worked in Intel and one place on Capel Street did live music, toasted sambos and cold beer from half eight in the morning. Its great crack until you have to go home at three in the afternoon and can't remember what species you are....

But I heartily recommend it the odd time if you can get a gang of dipso's together.

'ceptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I used to pass that place every morning on the way to college, You'd constanlty see people falling ou of it at 9-10 in the morning, hammered off their face, all dolled up to the 9's. Plays some great music sometimes, live bands and all. Can't remember the name of the place but its famous for live music (obvioulsy not famous enough for me to remember the name).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

The name of the Pub is the Cameo and definetely is in the Top 10 for dodgiest pub in Dublin. It's always full of a mix of the following:

- hookers
    - druggies
    - alchos
    (Actually theyre usually all the same)

One sunday morning at about 11:30 (the place was near empty at this stage) I saw 2 people almost fully undressed getting busy on the pool table. What a classy place.

Another time I walked in and was told to get the **** out of the way to look around at about 50 or so 30 to 40 year olds(fruit workers I presume) watching Into the West at 8 on a monday morning. Truely weird!!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

gazzer wrote:
    I was on my way to work this morning and passed a pub up near the fruit market (off Capel St). Its an early house.... this morning it was full of people outside smoking... anyway there was dance music blaring out of the pub... decided to poke my head in to see what it was like..... the place was packed ... DJ was playing and it was kicking.... if only i didnt have to go to work today...

Yeah I know that place, it has a wine coloured front with frosted glass and
    is right on the corner..

Its always like that from about 9am on as the guys in the fruit market are
    usually working from about 4am and finished by 12 at the latest so you will
    start seeing a crowd in there from that time..

It was done up a few years back and its mad, the place is hopping in the
    morning, dead until about 7pm and then it seems to have a few drifting in and
    out.. completely mad.. but as dodgy as hell which is surprising when you
    see how near it is to the special criminal court which has a 24 hour garda
    patrol around it.. :D

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

JP Mulvano wrote:
    It's always full of a mix of the following:

- hookers
    - druggies
    - alchos

sounds like the average Boards Beers...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think I know the place you're on about, its really near the fourcourts..
    its a dodgy place, full of a load of nackers from the flats near it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think I know the place you're on about, its really near the fourcourts..
    its a dodgy place, full of a load of nackers from the flats near it
    I remember getting pills in there at 10in the mornin no probs and cheap enough aswell 3 for a tenner

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

According to the ‘In&out’ section in Village, ‘the White Horse’ has an event called ‘Am’ every Saturday from 7am to 12am.

The White Horse has been host to many Boards Beers, and a bit more upmarket then the above pub sounds.

“A bizarre combination of gay men, Spanish students, Goths, and football jersey-wearing skinheads gather inside to drink, fall over chairs, and attempt to dance to thumping music.” Apparently, the music isn’t too loud, the blinds are down, and the smokers go to a nearby laneway – so no passers by know what’s going on. It’s 6 euro a pop.

Anyone up for a 12 or more hours Boards Beer? No? Oh, well. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

JP Mulvano wrote:
    Another time I walked in and was told to get the **** out of the way to look around at about 50 or so 30 to 40 year olds(fruit workers I presume) watching Into the West at 8 on a monday morning. Truely weird!!!!!

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I think I can only say 2 words!

'Ave it!!!!!

Advertisement