Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File input question

Options
  • 04-10-2004 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I have created a small example of what I am talking about here

http://www.killerrecords.com/FileSubmit.html

Ok If I click on the normal browse button to select a file and submit it it will send ok.
    If I click on the button beside the file input it simulates a click on the browse button and I can select a file but then when I submit it does nothing. Is this some kind of security feature in Internet Explorer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Worked for me on Solaris with Firefox 1.0PR.

Debugging JavaScript can be a pain.
    It might be an issue with the alert() and IE not liking something e.g. document.form.ffile.value reference.
    You could try just having a static string in onSubmit or:
    onSubmit="alert('Sent File: ' + document.form.ffile.value); [B]return true[/B]"

to tell the browser that it is okay to continue with the submit.

I used to find that IE would display an error message or a yellow warning triangle in the status bar. Clicking on this would open a window listing the error location.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Its not a javascript error. The form simply wont send when I use the other button to select the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Why do you need the other button?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Its a design issue. I want a button called "Select Picture" for selecting a picture which turns into a "Remove Picture" button once one is selected. I also dont want the TextField to be visible.

Advertisement