Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox plugins

• 04-10-2004 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Just installed firefox and went off to yahoo music launcher thing, won't play the videos what plugin do I need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you're getting the version error like I am, you just have to use a different browser... Launch haven't updated to support it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Balls to that.

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

there is a config file you can hack in mozilla that send's it's id out as IE
    Might work if the site thinks it's IE, is the site attempting to load the music player?
    I'm not sure what the file google it

That sounds failry sweet egan007. Would that mean I could use firefox for updating windows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

afaik there's no way of getting firefox to run windows update site as it uses certain software downloaded on to your machine that only IE can open.

i'm open to corrections

Well, while changing the general.useragent.vendor property of Firefox to MSIE5.5 (my test value) worked to get me past the Launch errors, I didn't get a video working, though I may just be lacking a codec.

No luck with WinUpdate though...

Advertisement