Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signs and protents of the end of the world

• 24-10-2000 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

John Travolta has said he is going to film a Battlefield Earth II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

why?
    the first one wasnt crappy enuff?

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Derek Bell

Originally posted by Yossarian:
    why?
    the first one wasnt crappy enuff?

Stephen.

Maybe he wants to create a new low in film history?

Just remember, the first film covered the first half of the first book. If he films all of them at this rate, his work will make the bottom 20 films of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Travolta has the money to make them out of his own pocket and he's trying to spread the 'message' of Scientology - that's why the second one will be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

I acctually read the book "Battlefield Earth" a few years back, 1000 pages. The first 500 were made into the Movie. Unfortunatley for us, the last 500 pages were mind-numbingly boring as it dealt with the "political" struggle that the humans now had to deal with between themselves and aliens.

If travolta is sticking with L.Ron Hubbard's origional text (and im assuming he will be) get prepared for a total stinker of a film. ..the first 1 at least had a little bit of action in it...i can see this shaping up to be the most dreaful film in cinema history.
    This raises another question...will Travolta's career survive these movies? I doubt it. Pulp Fiction brought him back from endless "look who's talking.." films....surely this sequal will see his next movie being "look who's talking sh!t"

two thumbs down...

vince1.gif
    I Like Jam.

[This message has been edited by Zapper (edited 27-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

yeah

athlete_main.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement