Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xp home is missing drivers for network card, vga controller aftr reinstallation of xp

Options
  • 04-10-2004 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

hey
    I reinstalled xp home on my laptop yesterday, it went fine, but when i tried to set up the internet, the connection wasnt on network places at all, only the 1394firewire connection was there. checked the devices manager and it revealed i was missing driver for ethernet driver, vga controller , modem etc. where do i get these drivers? i cant connect to the internet.
    my laptop is an dell inspiron8600. id be grateful for any help!
    dutchboy ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭MazdaMan

Did the laptop come with a Dell drivers disk, if so you will need to use that to re-install the necessary drivers. If not go to the Dell website and check for drivers for the model of laptop you have.

Advertisement