Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource / Broadband probs in Galway ??

• 04-10-2004 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I'm with netsource in Galway and the past few days my connection has been dead slow. Some sites such as cbsnews.com fly along but most other sites the speed is barely 128kps and file downloads are taking an age.

Is anyone else in galway having this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

yes i am having this problem too But im not sure how to fix it download speeds are not bad but the browsing speeds are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Netsource have informed me they'll be rerouting some points at 6pm today so that may resolve the problem. Glad to see its not just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

me too. Browsing is not too bad and torrent files are fine but downloding files from web sites seem to be only around 10kb a sec. Does netsource use cache servers/proxies? If so anyone have a list so we could try a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Yes im getting awful download speeds and browsing responses with netsource. I am in the sandy rd area....I think i will be ringing netsource tomorrow as its almost unusable at the this stage to connect to my office

Is this confined just to galway and netsource?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

netsource is giving me constant problems the past few weeks.

nothing but annoyances. tech support ignore my constant emails.

bloody netsource.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm in carlow, and I'm getting constant ping timeouts, http time outs, irc/ssh timeouts .. but bitorrent and soulseek seem to work alright (they get disconnected alot, but when they work they work alright).

Http and the other things all work.. sometimes, http is the best as it's usually going to work but it's slow as hell and certain sites don't work for a period of time, whereas msn can connect, and then disconnect me 5 times in ten minutes or leave me on for 3 hours with no problem. the same with irc/ssh.

it's sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I'm on the 289 exchange (Foxrock) and have noticed no difficulties...

Advertisement