Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain this to me?

Options
  • 04-10-2004 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at the HeaNet backbone graphs here.

Why is out much higher than in? Is in => downloads and out -> uploads? I would have thought that downloads would have been a lot higher. Unless its viewed from the perpsective of the HEANET and not the college....

Also the current "out" rate is about 0.6MB/s. This seems a bit low for an entire college at peak time on a Monday. I can get single downloads that are this rate.
    What am i missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Heanet Is a file mirror for Sourceforge which is why the figure is so high.

why would you presume the upload speed to be low at .6mb/s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The graph you link to is only showing NUI Maynooths traffic useage. Take a look here to see what heanets total traffic useage is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Blitz wrote:
    why would you presume the upload speed to be low at .6mb/s ?

well i'm actually presuming the download rate is larger than the upload which means 0.6MB/s is the download rate. and for an entire college at peak this seems quite low.
    The graph you link to is only showing NUI Maynooths traffic useage.

its the Maynooth traffic i'm interested in.

Advertisement