Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye bye thanks for calling.

Options
  • 04-10-2004 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Navan got lonely and has taken the long walk.

Open to suggestion as to what should/could take its place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

It will be sorley missed. thanx for the great job of looking after it Rev Helfire. many a great night was spent on it.

Do I hear anyone say rome total war? or maybe halflife 2 in november?

Shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

/me humbles to Rev

Much appreciated for the server Rev. Most enjoyable one by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nice one rev great server.

Men of valour demo would nice in its place :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Call of Duty? about to invest in a copy!

Edit* Oh yeah fair play for Navan!! its where I had my first battle(a tear drops from my eye in memory) Edit*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

rev my bi-atch thank you for the use of navan the best named server ever

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Call of Duty? about to invest in a copy!

Edit* Oh yeah fair play for Navan!! its where I had my first battle(a tear drops from my eye in memory) Edit*
    There is already a COD server methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

There is already a COD server methinks.

Just seen that alright in the games forum! me second Men of Valour but is it released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

R.I.P. VietNavan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I wouldn't mind seeing an Irish Counterstrike source beta server. The full version of source will be released this week anyway, so all the maps will be available to play on.

My two cents.
    Cheers for Navan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I agree with making it a CS Source server :) Would be nice to have an Irish one.

• Advertisement

Zyox wrote:
    I agree with making it a CS Source server :) Would be nice to have an Irish one.
    Oh Christ no.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

LOL
    Point taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

i think its fair to say navan will be missed by all,many hours of fun playing on it.

cheers for that rev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Great work Rev! I suppose after i got banned all my fans stopped playing. Its a pitty its gone. But thank you for your time and effort Rev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Bloddy typical, I just get broadband and the one server that I truly liked vanishes in a puff of smoke.

Sniff, sniff

Oh well bye bye then

sniff

Thanks

sniff.....

O.K. so where do I go now as Tig is locked and NRG has a silly ping when I tried it earlier.

Well ! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An Irish C&C server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

A C&C server ?

You wouldnt happen to have a link to a linux version of said beastie.

As for navan the reason it was pulled is that with both clans having their own servers, it had become a pretty lonely place to be. It seemed only fair to give something else a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ohh fear not there shall be a tribes server the minute a linux version becomes available.

• Advertisement

C Fodder wrote:
    and NRG has a silly ping when I tried it earlier.

Actually it sayz your pings at 1000 but its really at 30-50 and its on Zero Gravity for a good laugh!

You should come along on wed at about 21:30 if you want a good laugh!
    O the ip is: 193.120.73.209:15567 if anyones looking for a few mess games like king of the castle on hue(the tower padagon) or RPG's vs hueys (you can just jump over the helis and shoot down onto them) then head on tonight at 21:30. One thing dont try and shoot from a tank you end up in space like this:
    http://clannrg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118

Why does it say 1000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

farewell to navan, as someone said the most aptly named server ever and many many great games on it, sad to see it go. Thanks Rev!

Why does it say 1000?

Cause the server isn't a company owned infact me think Val runs it! It can only hold 10 people so!?! Going to be playing on wed zero gravity if you wana game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yup navan was a great place to be and was our home for a long while until we got our server. thanks for the use of the server rev :)

also if yur looking for a server to go to now go to the TiG one. Its password free most of the time.

Advertisement