Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Finally Available in Ratoath

• 04-10-2004 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Well..

Finally BB is available in my town, I have just been waiting forever for it, made the call..

Line failed ..
    No Reasons ..
    Wouldnt let me escalate ..

Has anyone else in Ratoath tried to get BB and been turned away?

I live in Coillbeag, if you live in the same estate did your line fail?

:(

Fed up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Just entered two ratoath phone numbers on Esat's website. A phone number in the village failed and my parents house, which is 1 mile from the exchange, passed! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

If your line fails, is that it?
    Are you destinated to the world of dial up or can you even pay for a new line to be run from the exchange?

I'm in Mountmellick and waiting patiently for broadband to come and I will be very sick if my phone line is not up for it.

BTW, Previous to broadband been available in the area when did the Eircon(no typo) web page say it would be available.
    I'm hoping that the March they are showing for my area will come sooner.

JC

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

my m8 lives 3km from Ratoath and his line wasnt passing but he rang up last week and kept at eircom, they rang him back 5 days later and passed his line, he will have his bb in 2 weeks, while this was going on we put in alot of rotoath numbers and most of them were coming up as fail, even numbers right in the town facing the exchange were failing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Guys,
    Basic enough question, but how big is the exchange. I'd like to try and see where it is in Mountmellick and see how far I am from it

JC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Depends on how big it is, naturally. Small ones can be about the size of a house garage, large ones are usually larger than most small standalone office blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭DavidByrne1969

Gonzo..

what did your friend hassle eircom about, does he have contact details?
    What number did he call cause I am tired of calling the sales line.

I have no doubt that there is more to it then some stupid test they run, some staffing issue..

Need more info so I can hassle Eircom.. my neighbour has BB and I dont.. Joke. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

JackieChan wrote:
    Guys,
    Basic enough question, but how big is the exchange. I'd like to try and see where it is in Mountmellick and see how far I am from it

JC
    It is beside the Garda station up Wolfe Tone street in Mountmellick

Advertisement