Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians- might be of interest/ something a little different ?

Options
  • 04-10-2004 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Every year GigSmart have a big chrimbo party ... this year we are going to do things a little differently.Instead of rollin out a load of bands we are gonna make some up for a once of night.

If you are in a band and fancy playin a few tunes with other musicians(other than your own band) this might be an opportunity for you to do something different and have a bit of fun.

I need to stress this is a bit of craic and should be FUN and hope people take it in that vain instead of dis crediting the idea from the get go...if its not for you thats cool ....basically this is an invitation for poeple to come along meet a few people in the local scene and rock out :p

Its assumed you will have a degree of competency and you will take the time to learn a few tunes once you and your co horts have agreed them. If ya outline your giggin experience and follow the details in this thread it should be cool.

http://www.gigsmartireland.com/forum2004/forum_posts.asp?TID=4615&PN=1&TPN=1

All the best
    Trev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

sounds like an excellent idea :D

I'd definitely be up for going to see that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

where is this held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ehh ...sorry about that , the gig is being held in the music center, will be an all night one ....as in there is no club on after so the gig wont finish at the usual 11.00 o clock time which gives us a nice bit of time to have everytyhing running smoothly!

Any vocalists or drummers (3 required) interested in doing a couple of rock covers in the music center at christmas(Dec 22) give me a shout ... like I said this is for a bit of laugh and you'll get to meet some folks who just want to have a laugh and play some rock tunes....must be available for at least 3 rehearsals and can play reasonably...remember its just a bit of craic!

Type of stuff.....
    Nirvana - Alice in chains - AC/DC - Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, RATM QOTSA, CHILLI PEPPERS that kinda lark

We have line ups waiting for ya to have a jam.

Trev

Deadly response , thanks to those who have expressed an interest.
    Line ups are posted on the GS board.

www.gigsmartireland.com

regards,
    Trev

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alternate DJ

what a great idea it will help the fringe musicians get a chance to meet up and push there own music i think this will really work best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Can't wait for this!
    Will be good craic alright.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Yeah the cheese has bee unleashed!

Advertisement