Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see WWTBA Millionaire?

• 18-10-2000 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Highlights included Gaybo calling a man in mid twenties with a child "Good boy" and using the "you HAD.." line at every available oppurtunity.
    questions seemed a tad harder than the english version , or was that just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I thought the questions were harder too!

Here's what the rest of the country thought of it:

http://www.boards.ie/cgi-bin/dnewsweb.exe?group=soc.culture.irish&xrelated=69357&cmd_related=Related%20Items&utag=

(in our newly revamped and still under construction news groups section).

John.
    --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya, and he sed "no doubts?" on all the easy questions as well. he should only say it on the hardish ones, or when the person actually has doubts, but i'm sure that will change in the next few weeks and it will get better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I still cant believe that first guy that was on. He must be the only person of his age in the country that didnt know the abbrev. for the name of the test that tests the road worthiness of vehicles in Ireland!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The_Elf

To the guy Who inititally thought that the cornia was on the toe. nice one mate.gave me a few seconds of boistrous laughter

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by The_Elf:
    To the guy Who inititally thought that the cornia was on the toe. nice one mate.gave me a few seconds of boistrous laughter
    Christ, that lad was an idiot. Is it just me, or are most of the questions fairly straight forward?

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The_Elf

Anyone think Marty Whelan might make a better host than Gay Byrne..he has that more serious lokoing nature about him and the dodgy tash might frighten the contestants even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by The_Elf:
    Anyone think Marty Whelan might make a better host than Gay Byrne..he has that more serious lokoing nature about him and the dodgy tash might frighten the contestants even more

Gay's actually doing an alright job.

Marty Whelan? NO!!!

bard.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ok,

the only thing I saw about this show was when "gaybo" (giiiiiiiiiiit!!!) was plastered all over the front of a newspaper with two winners. Personally I thought he looked like Yoda on acid.

I caught the re-run over the weekend. Yep. The questions are definitely harder than the UK one (at the lower levels anyway- say up to £2000 ), and yep, I have to say, htis show reaffirms my absolute abhorrence of Gay Byrne. He looks like a glove puppet! Or a mouldy fraggle! He's annoying, condescending, and he over uses the catch phrases - a sign of a presenter who likes to hear himself speak in my opinion.

I was NEVER a fan of Gay Byrne but I will admit that early on he was excellent on the late late show, before he turned into a self important twat. I have no problems admitting that a presenter is good even if I don't like him, but on WWTBAM I have to say that Gaybo Sucks, big time.
    DIE! YOU EMACIATED PIECE OF CANINE EXCREMENT!

unfortunately I can't think of anyone better to replace him seeing as nearly all of the remaining presenters of an age old enough to be taken seriously as presenter of that show, have almost copied Gay Byrne's style. Maybe RTE thought that Gaybo's way was the best and only kept ones who could emulate him.

Yer man off challenging times would be alright I think. Or that newscaster with the beard... hughes?

ah well.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Ok...here's the scene...

First question for £100...

What nursery rhyme character "fell off a wall"?

Was it
    1. Humpty Dumpty
    2. Beelzeebub
    3. Saddam Hussein
    4. Satan Claws

Contestant *sniggers* It was Humpty Dumpty Gay...

Gay You sure..?
    Contestant Yeah
    Gay Confident..?
    Contestant Yeah...
    Gay .............Final Answer..?
    Contestant ffs...final answer

Me *...presses the remote before i thrash me TV in a fit of rage...*

The show needs someone else...maybe Eamo the Dunph...lol tongue.gif

Tom Dunne would be good though I'd say...or something...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Strange I thought the questions on that show were very easy, I'm assumin your talkin about the one where he says 'good boy' to the English bloke. Strange no one else here noticed but on the last question where he gave up and didn't answer for 125 grand 'what is a ziggurat' it reminded me straight away of that level ziggurat's vertigo in quake, yeh the one with the big pyramid in the middle smile.gif Imagine if I was there quake woulda made me 60 odd grand!

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I though the exact same thing blade.
    gay annoys me to...
    when the audience gets a Q right.
    "turn around and say thank you very much audience"
    when the phone a friend blokey gets a Q right
    "does your friend take a drink?...well buy him a pint"

Advertisement