Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda RX8

Options
  • 04-10-2004 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

The RX8. What do think of it? The reviews all say it's an excellent motor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Praetorian wrote:
    The RX8. What do think of it? The reviews all say it's an excellent motor.

Are you thinking of getting one ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My brother in law is a dealer, and i had a go in one recently. Nice drive, although i have a Corolla on a daily basis, so theres not much that wouldn't be better.

There's only about 200 allocated to Ireland for the first year, so you may have to wait a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

My fathers looking for a "fun to drive" car. Hopefully we'll head down to Annessely for a test drive tomorrow. I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself... <- No really ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

yipee for cool dads! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep your dad is pretty cool :cool:

Or is it the awl' midlife crisis ;)

The RX-8 is a great drivers car. Petrol consumption is awful, but I'm sure your dad doesn't mind. Go on tell him to buy it. It might prevent dr. Felix from turning in his grave :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Or for something like ten grand less than the cost of a new RX-8 he could get a championship winning 1963 E-Type roadster...if it was my midlife crisis (scheduled for some time in the next couple of years) I know where my money would go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

A guy in work has one. Says it really eats petrol, like quarter tank from clondalkin to swords (some motorway, some traffic). Rx7s eat petrol too, its the rotary engine that does it. He loves his rx8 though. Says its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm just not going to mention that the car eats petrol to him. He would actually care about that. I reckon he'll go for the 5 speed ~170bhp version anyway. The 6 speed would be pointless for him. Would it use more petrol than a 2 litre beamer?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Was in one myself got it up too 9000 revs in second gear, it was an animal to drive....one of the quickest cars I was in. the only thinsg as said it eats the petrol and with the amount of cops on the road, gauranteed plenty of penalty points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

It will use twice the amount of petrol that a 2.0 BMW would. A mate of mine has an RX7 and can't get more than 9mpg from a tankfull of superunleaded!!! It will turn heads, give him permanent wood, his hair will grow back and nubile chickies will drop at his feet. Yes, I'm having a mid-life crisis - can't you tell....

Tell him to get the six-speed if he can afford it - petrolheads will be able to tell the difference and he's going to get the points anyway.

Alternatively he could get a really nice second hand Honda NSX which looks, sounds and handles better but thats just my MLC rearing its ugly (baldy) head.

'c

• Advertisement
Advertisement