Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSI on RTE???

• 04-10-2004 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats happenned to the new series of CSI that RTW were showing on a monday night? It seems to have disappearred?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

They've done this before. All I can speculate is that they're trying to air their own programs and that it will return in the new year. Which may mean we'll have all three franchises running simultaneously once CSI: New York kicks off on RTE2 (not Network 2!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

this is really irritating, did they even give notice??

need regular schedule.. otherwise im all mixed up, missing episodes :(

[ slightly off topic ]
    anybody hear anything about csi:new york quality wise ?
    csi: miami sucks for the most part imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

emailed rte asking these two questions last week still no reply yet, as for csi ny ive seen the 1st two episodes and i cant say i liked it i enjoy miami finding cain a much more likeable character than grisom, love both though, new youk just seemed flat it doesnt have the same sense of team play that the other two have, mind you im saying this after seeing only the 1st two episodes so maybe time will tell, i hated miami at first by now prefer it to the original only slightly,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Agreed - not enjoying NY yet either. Miami, I stick with but I'm always left thinking the time could be better spent. Regular, original CSI is definitely the format at its best.

RTE are treating this atrociously, but I'm not surprised. It's just as well there is no great plot, as Buffy and Angel once had, or this would be impossible to follow. RTE (and so many other broadcasters in these parts) also need to realise that for any series to work it should be played from beginning of series to end, and not interrupted mid-run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Maybe they're taking a leaf out of the yank's book and putting a mid-season break in. Almost every show in the States has a 6-8 week break in the middle of the season, which seems kind of stupid, so maybe RTE are trying to be cool like the Americans?
    Or maybe they just don't care about their schedules and need to make room for crap like Stew or the Fair City omnibus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

It's on later in the night 12.30?? That was the time it was on after the first disappearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

I prefer CSI Miami - Heratio kicks ass. And I would soooo fvck "Kally Ducain" up her hot ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

I Don't think so but it was past my bed time and i couldn't wait up. It sounded like they were the new ones. strange move.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

narommy wrote:
    I Don't think so but it was past my bed time and i couldn't wait up. It sounded like they were the new ones. strange move.
    Well last time I looked at the late night ones they were from the beginning of Season 3. The Monday nights had us mid-way through Season 4 so I'm pretty sure they're old ones because this is the same trick they pulled last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    Well last time I looked at the late night ones they were from the beginning of Season 3. The Monday nights had us mid-way through Season 4 so I'm pretty sure they're old ones because this is the same trick they pulled last year.

It is the same as last year. They're all old.

CSI, RTE1, 8th October, 1.15am
    "A Little Murder" 3x04
    At a Little People's convention, one of the delegates hangs himself - but was it just a simple case of suicide?

CSI, RTE1, 15th October, 1.15am
    "Abra Cadaver" 3x05
    A lady goes missing during a magic show when she steps into a box that has swords pushed through it. Sarah, Grissom and Warrick investigate her dissapearence and are led to a chilling discovery.

CSI: Miami, RTE2, 9th October, 2.45am
    "Double Cap" 1x19
    The team investigate the murder of a woman shot beside a hotel pool. It appears to be the work of a professional hitman - but why are the FBI so interested in the case?

CSI: Miami, RTE2, 16th October, 2.20am
    "Grave Young Men" 1x20
    Horatio is asked by an ex-con to find his missing son. And Speedle finds that his attraction to the girlfriend of a man whose death he is investigating may complicate the case.

Plus, regular season 2 ones continuing on RTE2 on Tuesdays (2x12 on October 12th).

• Advertisement
Advertisement