Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband providers

• 04-10-2004 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a broadband provider who could help my rural community in west Mayo get connected with the government rural broadband scheme. There doesn't seem to be any company doing wireless anywhere near us and eircom lines won't be coming our way for a long time. What do I do? I NEED Broadband.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

You're right, commercial operators are unlikely to help - there are plenty of more lucrative areas to roll out services in for them to be interested.

Considering this, and considering the fact that you need to be an incorporated entity to draw down the GBS funding, what you need to do is set up a group data scheme.

What is a Group Data Scheme?

How to set up a Group Data Scheme

Email me at ccooke AT groupdatascheme DOT ie for more info.

Advertisement