Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Private Ryan

• 04-11-2000 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Just saw this film... all I can say really is wow. Defintly the best WW2 film ever made imo, really makes you think what people went thru to elimate the nazi scum in europe.

And yet we all moan when all those old folks ruin t.v. for a couple of days on the annual event of D-Day?

Never again. !

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

loved the film too...
    btw, here's an image from a website I happened to see today...even tho twas WW1
    Image1a.jpg
    American Cemetery and Memorial, Normandy
    *shudder*

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 04-11-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah I watched it again on video yesterday, reminded me just how great that film was smile.gif I shudder to think what it was like in one of those landing boats approaching the beach, knowing what you were about to go through frown.gif

I am inflatible !

[This message has been edited by Mills (edited 04-11-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The Big Red One
    The Longest Day
    Tobruk
    Battle Of Britain

All great

It's about a society in freefall....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep a bloody good film. Its a great film to show off sound from a DVD system, people literly jump for cover during the beach landing scene.

Another one of my favourite War Movies is A Bridge Too Far, pure class.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Saving Private Ryan would have been better if it wasn't shown from such a strong American viewpoint but instead showed the diversity of the allies and the true nature of the triumphant force. (-- if it didn't do an "America saves the world... again" jobbie, in other words).

... still, it's a bloody great film.

bard2.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

the thin red line does it for me.
    but no doubt, saving pvt ryan silences you. the sacrifice and loss is impossible to comprehend.

Advertisement