Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervised Study

Options
  • 04-10-2004 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

Whos doing it? Do you think its worth it? How much does it cost in your school?

I think it's good and it costs €90 in my school.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jaysus. It's 48 in my school, but I'm not sure how many weeks that is.

It seems like a good idea for people who might have difficulty studying at home. I was thinking of doing it but I think staying in after school for another 2 hours would probably make me go insane.

Perhaps I'll do the term right before the JC, but I wouldn't do it all year. I don't see the point, I'd have forgotten the stuff by the time the JC came around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

we have to do it all year round. i get all my homework done, and im getting loads of study done. so if u dont start it now u dont get to do it at all. im wrecked after an extra 2 hours though, cos i dont go home for lunch so im there from 9-6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Same in my school every body should do it its €65 in my school

*follows you to your school* im going here now

Yes come one come all , where a fellow student was murdered , welcome to $hits vile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

On topic, I never did supervised study...but then again, I practically had to lock myself in my room to get work done.

It's a good idea if you have trouble working at home, with various distractions. If you can work at hime, Don't bother. Just organise a study routine for home and stick to it

murdered? wow. something like that happened somewhere near me....

A small town near portlaoise CO Laois , thats us , trial is ongoing so we wont say to much more

Yes come one come all , where a fellow student was murdered , welcome to $hits vile
    Was it you?

No it wasent me heres a link to prove itits not nice reading thats the first time i read the articles sience they came out its nearly a year now , its a very strange feeling walking into a school full of people and seeing people who would never talk to each other crying huging , the f<ukin press were as bad asking questions

• Advertisement

Someone died in our school last year, he was only 16/17 and he died in his sleep.

A girl died of brain cancer in my school last year (=( )...

But let's not make this an obituraries thread!
    Er... supervised study...

I heard in some place (possibly columbus' or somewhere) they have supervised study until 10! They have dinner there and breaks and stuff. Crrazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you find studying at a home environment difficult, then in my experience, you will find studying in school even harder.

The reason being is that there will always be people messing about, throwing stuff around the room and after the 2 hours you will probably not even gotten through the first page.

That said, it is a good time to do your homework!

Also, peoples concentration and ability to remember diminishes over a 20minute period. After 20minutes you need a break, which is usually not provided by the school.

If you find studying at a home environment difficult, then in my experience, you will find studying in school even harder.

The reason being is that there will always be people messing about, throwing stuff around the room and after the 2 hours you will probably not even gotten through the first page.

That said, it is a good time to do your homework!

Also, peoples concentration and ability to remember diminishes over a 20minute period. After 20minutes you need a break, which is usually not provided by the school.

actually my class sit there silently, occasionally handing someone a book or throwing something into the bin.

Speaking of throwing things i hit a teacher with a rubber in study today i was "passing" it to somebody (i had to sweep up the whole hall) :o

Oh you rebel!

A girl in my class in 5th class nearly knocked our teacher out with a rugby ball.

oh how shocking, in 1st year i tripped up my maths teacher, and in pe we were playing rounders, some guy was sent out so he threw the bat and hit our teacher in his privates. another girl in the same pe class same day and all whacked the teacher with the bat cos he stood too close. and this stuff was only in 1st year.

2 weeks ago in religion a girl in my class stapled the piece of skin that joins your thumb to your first finger of another girl's with a stapler, obviously. All the way through, and it closed on the other side. But I suppose that isn't teacherly harm.

In 1st class my teacher nearly cut her finger off with a knife. During class.

oh dear....

Yeah, school is a pretty lethal place. Last year I sat beside the blind and it KEPT hitting my with its jagged metal edges. Cut my hand it did.. bastard...

• Advertisement

yesterday my niece and i were drawing pictures. she had a blunt pencil in her hand. she decided to run up and down the room with a blunt pencil. she jumped on me. she stabbed me. i bled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lil_miss_perfec

in 1st year a blind fell on my head..... and d teachers, v funny! d class still cracks up wen we talk bout it!!! :D

last week in supervised my friend touched a clock and it fell off the wall and hit her in the head.
    Stitches and all.

Just more reasons to never play with time! Forces beyond our control indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

tbh this isnt a thread about "who made the teacher hurt more", its a thread about supervised study!

The two could be connected in vague ways...

Alright, back to supervised study then... I decided I'm not going to do it just yet because I'm not having too much difficulty studying (heh) at home, and it would take up too much of my day. There we go, chunk of relevance, now I can be suitably off topic for the rest of my post.

During business last week the teacher made us open all the windows and the wind was so strong the clock was knocked clear off the wall. It exploded ALL over the floor. It didn't actually succeed in hurting anyone, but yeah. Clocks are doomed in my school.
    Last year my maths teacher threw a girls pencilcase at the blackboard in an attempt to get the duster down and he hit the clock...
    Broken clocks everywhere!

Business seams to a life treathing subject , last week as the teacher was pulling down the projectoor screen it "clocked" her twas fairly heavy about 10KG :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Once some fellas ran into all the classrooms at lunchtime and stole all the clocks... God knows why, perhaps they needed them for a time machine.

Why would a clock need a time machine?

Or the other way round even?

• Advertisement

still speaking of clocks eh?

I reckon a time machine would need at least 3 clocks, one to be fast, one to be slow and one to be right on time.

Advertisement