Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB cable modem ?

Options
  • 04-10-2004 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I'm making the jump from eircom BB to NTL cable BB, anyone know what type of BB cable modem NTL supply in the Dublin area ?.
    I stand to make a good monthly saving by switching from (SKY tv to NTL cable) and from (eircom BB to NTL BB)
    Rgds Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

The cable modem NTL supplied me with is branded ntl:home. Its USB or Ethernet and just sits there doing its magic :D . I was initially on the 600k package but have downsized to the 300K package now and they did that over the phone with no hassle. I switched from USB to ethernet to see if would make any difference to speed up or down but I couldn't see any change myself at all. The benefit odf ethernet is that I have USB port free that I have a printer attached to now.

I often see lads complaining about NTL on the boards but since August 2003 when I got the modem I haven't got a bad word to say about the company really. I hope your experience with NTL is as positive as mine has been. :cool:

Good luck

Advertisement