Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalkers and mobile phones

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Me and striker gonna try our best to find out anything we can on this perv, gonna wait till im at work tommorow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Marko161

Optikus wrote:
    Me and striker gonna try our best to find out anything we can on this perv, gonna wait till im at work tommorow.

Cheers boys, I'll get you the other nos and send them on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Marko161 wrote:
    I see.
    I'm slightly reluctant to post it just in case the nutter happens to be a member (i'm sure he's not but you never can be sure....) or if he googles it and this thread comes up.
    Indeed. Careful is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

no problem, you can just txt them to us, i pm you my number already

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you have numerous people trying to contact him he may cease activity and you will never find out who it is.

You should be wanting to find out who it is. That should be your aim for now. Getting people to ring him could banish him forever... or until he does something terrible.

Maybe don't ring him guys?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    If you have numerous people trying to contact him he may cease activity and you will never find out who it is.

You should be wanting to find out who it is. That should be your aim for now. Getting people to ring him could banish him forever... or until he does something terrible.

Please read the previous posts i have already said this, thats why as far as i know me and striker are the only ones with the numbers and we will be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Marko161

cormie wrote:

Cormie could be right. I'll try a different approach first and then you boys can give it a go on wednesday or so. might have more info then from the boys in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I'm not gonna ring him dont worry, we have ways to track him!

it is very likely that this guy knows her, so she should pay attention to people around her at the same time dont let them know she suspecting anything, once there are suspect thats where we can start tracing!

Marko161 wrote:
    Cormie could be right. I'll try a different approach first and then you boys can give it a go on wednesday or so. might have more info then from the boys in blue.

No problem mate.. just keep us informed on whats going on and we will try to help you as much as we can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

few things you can try:

note down exact times of every message. Your operator can tell you what location the person was in when each message was sent (ie what mast they were using at the time). this will probably need to be pursued through the gardai however i would recommend asking to speak to someone important when you ring into customer care of your operator. follow this up with an e-mail and/or a letter.

the operator should be able to tell you whether or not this person is sending messages to lots of people, randomly or otherwise.

Does your girlfriend have her name on her voicemail? If so this is how he would have got it. Also make sure her voicemail password isnt default or else he can listen to all her messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

its possible that these txt's are being set online - so there's no working phone to ring/txt back too

There is a working number to ring its just not on all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vespadriver

Just found this thread. I'm getting odd calls rather than scary/abusive calls but am fascinated by what's going on here.

Gardai and Mobile operators not much use (maybe because of volume of abuse in Ireland, maybe not motivated) and people taking it into their own hands because there are no other options.

My position is not nearly as bad as what's going on here, and for now I'm content to ignore the calls & messages. My next step would be to change my number because again it's not as scary as what's happening here, I don't need to know who it is. But if it then escalated again I would want to know who it is. And if that happens I know I'll be back here for what seems to be some pretty sound advice.

Can you let us know if this was "resolved" to the satisfaction of all concerned. I know caution is called for here so not necessarily any details, but just whether the issue got sorted out to the satisfaction of Marko161 and his gf.

If people know it worked out it might encourage others to come here for help and get similar situations resolved.
    And btw, I hope it dod work out well for everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

vespadriver you're better off to start a new thread, this one is over seven years old, and with the technology on phones now, you can quite easily block incoming calls and texts from unknown numbers or those not in your contacts list by using "blacklisting" apps, available for most phones nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vespadriver

Opps, I looked at the day and month and not the year!
    Thanks for letting me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement