Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEbsite help please, cant find on a search

Options
  • 04-10-2004 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I work for a family business and have a website hosted on 365, every time i search for it on any search engine i get no results no matter how specific i am. Is there special code i need to use for it to show ? Is geting quite irritating to say the least. Addy is straffanwines.ie......... hope someone can help

E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Apologies for asking the obvious, but have you submitted it to search engines?
    Do many other sites link to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Have you submitted it to any search engines? Or mentioned it on any other sites? Spiders need to have a link to your site to pick up on...

Not that I'm endorsing spam or anything, but try adding it to your boards sig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

am pretty ignorant as regards it all, am linked to other sites ie customers, have been on to various search engines and no joy, just seems a waste not to have it in proper use after the time put on to makin it.

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Submit your site to google

See here and here for some tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Is it long since it was submitted to the search engines?
    It can take up to six weeks for some sites to show up.

If you like I'll stick a link to it on my front page - some engines will pick it up from there.
    http://www.loughman.dna.ie
    It's a geeky site, but it gets some traffic (not loads, but enough to be spidered).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, all these things take time... Don't bother submitting them more than once, because this often annoys most engines... Best to just let it run its course and keep promoting it every way you can.

Newgrange, if you could add a link it would be appreciated, have contaced as many engines as i can bout two months ago, being a small family business anything will help!! Thanks,

Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

What's the URL?
    Have you submitted to search.ie and browseireland.com ?

blacknight

URL is www.straffanwines.ie

have just been on to both you have suggested, many thanks for your help
    am just trying to get as much presence as i can being a family business it all helps!! pm me your email and will get in touch with you when we have our portfolio tasting next year

Eoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭zt

I had a look at your site.

If you view the source on the home page it is full of white space (it has lots of blank lines in the HTML). Some search engines might have a problem with indexing this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Advertisement