Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fabrizio De André

Options
  • 04-10-2004 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I inherited a cd-r of stuff by this guy. AFAIK he's Italian (would be 95% certain of this). I'm making one assumption:- the CD-R is a copy of an available album of his. On the front of the CDR is written Fabrizo De André Miko. Song 5 is Via della Povertà (Desolation Row). There are 17 tracks in all. I don't know if the album is called "miko" or if Miko refers to anything at all, because I can't find any reference on the net. It is possible that its a compilation - I'm hoping it isn't. Any help appreciated.
    *edit* track 9 is Leonard Cohen's Suzanne (in Italian - obviously).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

and you people claim to be knowledgeable! Not only knowledgeable, but knowledgeable nerds! For shame! For shame!

anyway it seems to be a compilation
    tracks 1-4 are tracks 1-4 from the album "Non al denaro non all'amore nè al cielo"
    tracks 5-15 appear to be the album "Canzoni"
    Track 16 is Il Pescatore from the album "Fabrizo De Andre" (1976)
    Track 17 is Il Testamento di Tito from "la buona novella"

That was not easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

1. I don't understand Italian.
    2. I didn't know the names of any of the songs bar the two I recognized.

How, pray tell, would you get all the information from your link given the above information?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I assumed you had the names of all your tracks.

You know what they say about assumptions....
    anyway - I "obtained" ;) 18 of his albums and compared them by track length firstly and ultimately by listennig to them to figure it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement