Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Gay Byrne holding back the new generation of tv presenters?

• 18-10-2000 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I was very happy to see that Ireland has joined the famous programme "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

It looked superb,
    BUT
    Is Gay Byrne holding back the proper people for the job just because he is seen as the best by all those old geratric producers in RTE?

No offence intended.

General_Lee_Erudite

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Originally posted by General_Lee_Erudite:

Is Gay Byrne holding back the proper people for the job just because he is seen as the best by all those old geratric producers in RTE?

Yes

latelate.jpg

[This message has been edited by pat kenny (edited 18-10-2000).]

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I thought maybe so too....but then again, have you ever seen tellybingo.....?
    ..if those are the best of the rest well...nuff said...

licksy2.JPG
    Don't even think about it...™

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The longer he holds back the likes of Pat Kenny, the more I believe he should be canonised. I'm not a huge fan of Gaybo but God almighty at least he hasnt had his personality sucked out his nose.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Yes - he's awful. Look at the alternatives tho. Would you rather that limp haired git from "What's the Question"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What about Seán Moncrieff?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...(etc.)

bard.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Anything is better than Plank Kenny.
    But there are some good new presenters, That camp geezer who does Wanderlust is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Sharon Ni Bhaolain - if she can get me watching Nuacht she can get me watching quiz shows smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I've watched lots of episodes of the Late, Late with Uncle Gaybo and I thought it rocked the planet. My favourite episode was one in the last series with Graham Norton and Terry Wogan and I must say, I never laughed as much watching a "chat show" type program (with the obvious exception of all the freaks on Jerry Springer)as I did when I saw it.

I don't think Pat Kenny does it aw well as Gay, but Pat doesn't have anywhere near as much experience as Gay.

The less said about Telly Bingo the better...

And Sharon - maith an cailín! I think Sharon should do a Playboy shoot or something smile.gif mmmmmmmm. Tasty.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i know of a cople of people that would do good jobs all we have to do is get them a little drunk (1-3 liters of vodka) and away they will go . anyone heard the voice files from that guy eddy somthing . was posted on the humour board . well thats the sort of thing we need . someone that dosent give a fVck

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Speaking of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, what the hell are RTE doing, interrupting the show for half an hour with fair-****ing-city? How bloody annoying is that?

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oscar

You can't blame Gaybo personally for the lack of decent presenters coming out of RTE, much as I'd love to. He's a pretty good choice for 'Millionaire simply because of who he is.

RTE made a bags of the scheduling of the show though. One of the things people say contributed to the success of the show in the UK was the fact that it was on over a few consecutive nights. But of course the dunderheads in Montrose couldn't bring themselves to mess around the schedules and move such great shows like Fair City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Is that your final answer ?

biggrin.gif

(55Kb JPEG)

bard.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Derek Bell

Originally posted by DeVore:
    The longer he holds back the likes of Pat Kenny, the more I believe he should be canonised. I'm not a huge fan of Gaybo but God almighty at least he hasnt had his personality sucked out his nose.

DeV.

The chief problem I have with Gaybo is his personality - he's so bloody patronising!! I can only take him in *small* doses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 General_Lee_Erudite

castor - i have the same problem!!

KHARN: I believe that is what the topic of this forum should be changed to. Nice!!!

Granted that we dont want the likes of those two wenches on telly bingo but sean moncrief is a better option.

general_lee_erudite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

well................

i though i could comment here having worked for RTE and met gaybo himself smile.gif as well as having been taught irish in school by sharon herself

ok, so lates review the facts smile.gif

GAYbo is ghey to put it bluntly, he is the most superiority complexed and fu<ked up individual i have ever had the misfortune to meet, i hope i never do again, and this is coming from a person who NEVER missed the late late show from age 4 through to age 12/13, so it took alot to change my perceptions of the man.....

Sharon, well wahey, you know what the film says "A1 SHARON, A1" and believe me she is, and she is also a funny individual, shes about 5 foot 1 inch, long blonde hair, and quite petite, although the fu<ked up RTE cameras always show her to be really big and tall - lying fuppers!!! - shes a real star, she used to simply ask class messers to leave the room and spend the class outside, the result after a while was that no one wanted to be put outside, so they all stopped messing, she also wore those nice tops that made everyone rush to class to get the front seats for a better view smile.gif

*sigh* children, what fun it was *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I hate Gaybo. He is a stupid ****ing ***** and should be taken outside and shot. Also he has a terrible poker face and it is eassy to tell if the contestant is right or not just by looking at his face. ****. Finally, all the people on the Irish version that I've seen don't seem to have much cop. ****ing ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

the proper people for the job all move to england to work and get payed a hell of a lot more.

Doc. frown.gif

Advertisement