Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birthdays in Dublin

• 05-10-2004 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Does anybody have any suggestions for something entertaining to do to celebrate a b'day in Dublin? I'm thinking of something a little more original than going on the piss (though I suppose that could be a featured event in the evening)

I'm stumped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Ghost tour bus.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

RuggieBear wrote:
    Ghost tour bus.

I have always been tempted by this.

It just looks so crap it has to be entertaining on some level...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could take magic mushrooms and go on a tour of dublin...

blobert wrote:
    I have always been tempted by this.

It just looks so crap it has to be entertaining on some level...
    I admit i've never been on it but i've always wanted to and what better excuse than a birthday close to Halloween.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

Actually very very tempted by this. Where does it actually go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Mordeth wrote:
    you could take magic mushrooms and go on a tour of dublin...

lmfao .... genius man ..genius
    :)

Araniell wrote:
    Actually very very tempted by this. Where does it actually go?

Have a gander here

That... sounds like a riot, actually. Yid probably have to be fairly hyped up to begin with though to enjoy it I'd imagine.

Araniell wrote:
    That... sounds like a riot, actually. Yid probably have to be fairly hyped up to begin with though to enjoy it I'd imagine.

Aye...but tis the same with everything....if you are willing to put the effort into it you'll have a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

We just did a day of paintballing in Skirmish and had a great laugh. It's not that expensive, most people ended up spending e50 or e60, but it's genuinely worth it. We were lucky in that it was 2 birthdays and 3 going aways being celebrated, so everybody made the effort to have the cash. Might be trickier to get many people if it's only for one person.

• Advertisement

You're right. It's a brilliant suggestion. I think it'll be a right laugh.#

Now just have to come up with something to keep alot of people with very short attention spans entertained until 8 o'clock ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

feck..delete this please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Take Magic Mushrooms and go camp in wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flygirl

RuggieBear wrote:
    Ghost tour bus.

I got thrown off this! Well, me and a crew of 'merry' mates from work....We weren't that drunk, but the guy who was doing the commentary was an absolute arse - wannabe actor type.
    He wasn't keen on our 'helpful' additions to his commentary and the general merriment going on down the back of the bus.
    Plus there were a few American aran-jumper-wearing tourists up the front who kept turning around giving us dirty looks.

We went on it for a Friday night's craic for something different to do, but they take themselves very seriously.
    Only go if you're prepared to be quiet and behave yourself otherwise you'll end up stranded beside some graveyard in the Liberties like we did...;)

Try the karaoke restaurant on Exchequer Street instead - Ugiyo I think it's called (sp).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

22 euro!

22 god damn euro!?

Advertisement