Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White hart lane, here I come!

• 05-10-2004 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Going to London in two weeks to see Tottenham vs. Bolton :)

---

Fixture: BOLTON WANDERERS FC
    Date: Saturday 23 October, 15:00
    Stand: East Stand
    Block: East Lower Gangway 26
    Row: XX Seats: XXX, XXX

The total cost is 68.00 pounds and this amount has been charged to your
    credit card.

---

I'm a member, so I'm hoping that I'll get lucky and get two tickets for Tottenham vs. Arsenal on the 13th November...

Anyone else going to see any premiership games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

muffen wrote:

Anyone else going to see any premiership games?

I really should try, but I just have too much on at the moment. Money = tight.

Enjoy that match, Bolton should be a good test for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Been to United v Everton and United v Liverpool so far this season. Had tickets for United v Norwich but I could go. Missed out in tix for the Arsenal & Man City home games :(

I really like going to White Hart Lane, there's always been a good atmosphere whenever I've gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

must get up there at some stage this season.
    havent been since we beat leeds 2-1 a couple of seasons ago with the vaggabond.

oh vagga, get off yer arse and lets go watch a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Well done - sellout game and Bolton play decent football. There are 8 of us off to the next home game - versus Charlton. Bound to get loadsa sleep ;)

Here's a thought...

Has anyone considered organising a boards football trip? Either for fans of one team, or just a gang of members over for a match?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

It isn't actually that expensive to go to a game.
    Ticket for the game was 34GBP, and flight was just undet 80 euros.

Ofcourse, I have a cousin with whom I can stay for free, but living for just one night shouldn't be too expensive... youth hostel is always an option!

Even if you have to pay for accomodation you should get away with under 200 euros ... I know it's not really cheap, but I don't think it's too expensive either.

Personally, I try to see four games a season, two before and two after xmas. It's managable for me since I don't pay for food or accomodation in England.

I lived in England for two years, and I was a spurs season ticket holder for one year. I really love seeing them play live. Just walking up to the stadion, seeing all the people in tottenham shirts makes me feel like I've come to the right place :)

Enjoy the game vs. Charlton, we've done well so far this season, let's hope we can keep it up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Guys, can you help me out? How do i become a member of Man Utd to get tickets for that price?

muffen wrote:
    It isn't actually that expensive to go to a game.
    Ticket for the game was 34GBP, and flight was just undet 80 euros.

Ofcourse, I have a cousin with whom I can stay for free, but living for just one night shouldn't be too expensive... youth hostel is always an option!

Even if you have to pay for accomodation you should get away with under 200 euros ... I know it's not really cheap, but I don't think it's too expensive either.

Ryaniar to Stansted makes a day trip very do-able. Stansted Express stops at Tottenham Hale, not 20 minutes from WHL, IIRC there's a flight back at around 8pm, so a 4.50 finish gives you plenty of time to make it Hale for 5.30 at the latest, and its only 30 minutes from there.

Of course, you can't beat a night on the p*ss in London...

cheesedude wrote:
    Guys, can you help me out? How do i become a member of Man Utd to get tickets for that price?

Nobody's mentioned the price of a ManYoo ticket until now, have they? Am I missing something?

Check the ManYoo website would be my advice, there's bound to be a section on purchasing tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No you are correct. Nobody has. But I am wondering...speaking of which, are there any utd members here? How do you get into it? Website does not seem to help me out that much. It gives me ticket application forms but i think that is for members...

• Advertisement
Advertisement