Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who in the name of HELL

• 05-10-2004 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Oh yes im back the fan has arrived ...
    Now down to buisness after a short leave i return to find to my disgust and shear horror that there is a COMEDY society for freshers week.
    SO before i rant on any more does any body know who set this up ????
    Alos any connections to the phil hist or players but most of all most heanous of arch nimisis the CSC eould be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I know the entire comittee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

celing fan will u get off yer high horse ranting plz , 3rd post on the topic, yet to share anything of interest imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

i thought all of the phil and hist people were all really nice, well to me anyway. i had a totally different impression of what theyd be like from here. but they were really welcoming+friendy towards everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Originally posted by Chick:
    i thought all of the phil and hist people were all really nice, well to me anyway. i had a totally different impression of what theyd be like from here. but they were really welcoming+friendy towards everyone
    tbh i thought they were really nice last year aswell (well when i was at a few things during freshers week anyway)..guess its just your own opinion really..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

almost like they were trying to sign you up....

• Advertisement

ahhh can't u just smell the scarcasm ;) , quality stuff igy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

yeah true igy, true ;)
    but i had joined but that stage...oh meh it dont really matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually the Hist guys are all pretty sound, a lot of my friends got involved with em last year so chatting with em on a friend of a friend basis they're a pretty sound lot - and appreciative when i was bored and offered to give em the odd hand. so they're ok in my books.

Yeah like canvas i had already signed up, so they werent just being nice 2 me for that reason. I went to the Phil's thing last week, the debate thing. it was soooo wierd i was so completely lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Chick wrote:
    Yeah like canvas i had already signed up, so they werent just being nice 2 me for that reason. I went to the Phil's thing last week, the debate thing. it was soooo wierd i was so completely lost

Yeah I went to my first phil debate tonight. Lol I didn't know what was going on at the start. It turned out to be pretty good in the end. Anyone else go?
    Ron Jeremy is speaking tomorrow. I might wander down after I've had a few pints.

• Advertisement

the whole tux thing definitely took me by surprise :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Lol yeah me too. All the traditional stuff was wierd, like the tux thing, standing up all the time, reading out all this stuff that I couldn't hear properly and sounded irrelevant. The debate was good though. Im glad I went even if it was on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Meh...
    Phil/Hist BOOOOOOOHHHH....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

What's your issue with the Phil/Hist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

They're the bad guys..

no theyre not!

reserve your judgement untill you've had a run in with them.

I doubt most of us will ever have a 'run in' with them, its my 3rd year here and i've had none, don't see there being much chance of me having any either. Anyone i've ran into from either the phil or the hist has been grand.

You've never had any dealings with them on a level where you've wanted something they didn't or vice versa then. They really do feel the entire college is merely there to serve their needs.

no but then i never will have those dealings with them, so from my perspective they are grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

"You've never had any dealings with them on a level where you've wanted something they didn't or vice versa then. They really do feel the entire college is merely there to serve their needs."

There may be a handful of individuals who act that way, but by and large they're lovely. I can think of only one person between the two societies who genuinely acts and thinks like that.

I know im only a fresher whos been there a handful of days, but ive met absolutely loads of ppl from both societies and they really did seem genuinely nice. i went to both receptions at luch, debates and nights out in redbox, and they all seemed like a really sound bunch of guys. the didnt seem to think that they were more important than anyone else, or that they were above other students.
    anyway thats just my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There may be a handful of individuals who act that way, but by and large they're lovely. I can think of only one person between the two societies who genuinely acts and thinks like that.

Yeah but when the handful of individuals are the ones dealing with other societies of course they're going to give them a bad name. But not all the socs can be perfect like DURNS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hrmmm...well out of the Hist i know two of the comitee members pretty well, and been introduced to a number of the others and they all seem like really nice guys, i know a number of people heavily involved with the society and in general most societies are really gonna fight for their own way - its simply that the Phil and the Hist would seem to have more leeway and more power overall because of the membership base and connections. IMO its just a "meh they're big so i think they're snobby etc." - same as the UCD - trinity rivalry :p

Imho there are two types of people, those right minded people who hate hte phil and hist and all they stand for, and the ghey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

John2 wrote:
    Yeah but when the handful of individuals are the ones dealing with other societies of course they're going to give them a bad name. But not all the socs can be perfect like DURNS...
    And who might you be DURNS-wise??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm the treasurer

Ah, the DJ extrordinaire.

Never had you down as a boardsie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

John2 wrote:
    I'm the treasurer
    Are you the guy with the laptop?

• Advertisement