Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with a phone, can you advise?

Options
  • 05-10-2004 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I bough a pair of Binatone E3300 dect phones from Dixons on Saturday.

Later that day I set them up at my house and everything was hunky dory until I brought one to the local newsagents(about 200m away) as I wanted to test the range of the phone.

The phone seemed to lose its connection to the base unit(h and b on phone just flashed) and didn't work when I returned to the house.
    I got the manual on the web and deregistered and reregistered the phone....but to no avail. I can do this with the other phone and it registers fine.

Binatone have a UK support number to call but I dont know when I'll get a chance to call them.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
    JC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

DECT phones have a range of 300m outdoors and 50m indoors...Your post is slightly confusing...did you go back to the shop with the phone in your hand & the base unit connected at home & seriously expect the phone to still get signal....i'm confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Hopefully its a bit clearer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What's this got to do with Home Entertainment other than it's funny and entertaining ?!

Actually I remember a local builder who bought a cordless phone setup in the UK about 18 years ago when they were just arriving onto the market here, he did similar to you and brought the phone in his van thinking it would work. When it didn't he brought it to me asking if I could check it for him as he "couldn't even make a local call . . " I tried explaining the limitations of the system to him but his reply was

" . . but I rang America on it last night and spoke to my brother !!"

It took me a while to pick my self up from the floor . . still hurts when I think about it and I have a good laugh with him when I meet him.

On topic you may have better luck on the Comms forum with this one I think.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

JackieChan wrote:

Later that day I set them up at my house and everything was hunky dory until I brought one to the local newsagents(about 200m away) as I wanted to test the range of the phone.

JC

Just a thought. Did you charge the phones for the required time before using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 4ward

i had a problem like that last year when i got phones for the house from eircom. it needed to be paired with the base again. it took a while but i found it in the manual. im sure it is differnt for all makes though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement