Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Fintan O'Toole's Column

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Getting back on topic.

fotoole@irish-times.ie is Fintan's email address. Give him an email letting him know if you appreciated his piece and giving your views.

It was a good piece and it was great to see someone as mainstream as Fintan doing this.

Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

damien.m wrote:
    Getting back on topic.

fotoole@irish-times.ie is Fintan's email address. Give him an email letting him know if you appreciated his piece and giving your views.

It was a good piece and it was great to see someone as mainstream as Fintan doing this.

Damien.

I am no fan of Fintan O Toole & I cannot remember when I actually agreed with him on anything. But he has hitten the nail on the head here.

Fair play to him. I think emailing him is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

In the E-THOS column of the Sunday Tribune (Business Section) Fergus Cassidy highlights the piece from Fintan O'Toole and bemoans the fact that despite writing a coulmn in a national paper he has been unable to achieve the same result i.e. the installation of Broadband.
    Out here on the edge of the world, a stones throw from Metropolis, we must wait in line like our ancestors. Areas with a population of less than 1500 would be better of asking Santa to upgrade their telephone exchange to carry DSL.

We pay the same line rental charges as everyone elese but we're ignored and find ourselves on the wrong side of a deepening digital divide.

M.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fergus' Trib columns are published on his website on Monday.

http://www.ethos.org/

(I think it's Monday anyway.)

adam

Advertisement