Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options
  • 05-10-2004 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

You can now see who your comments are from.

If you leave an abusive comment (i.e. non-constructive criticism or one that is not helpful to other users), you will probably be warned or banned.

J.
    --
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

So it begins....

Or continues rather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

This should spice things up a little! Or it could be the beginning of the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

a monty burns style excellent i believe is in order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can you see all rep pints or just the last 5?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

So does that mean everyone who leaves me "apples" in red can be warned or banned? Great. :D Here was me thinking I could just tit-for-tat fire a red apple back instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ooh yeah.

Any way we can view all our past Rep? I have many points I'd like to query ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've updated it to 15 for now. We'll see how that goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

'scuse my ignorance, but where does one view their rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

D'oh. This is quite embarrassing.

Sorry everybody. It wasn't me. The system is b0rked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Very very interesting. :) I'm not gonna give out any negative rep to those of you who anonymously gave me negative rep. 'Cos I'm nice like that.

• Advertisement

DapperGent wrote:
    D'oh. This is quite embarrassing.

Sorry everybody. It wasn't me. The system is b0rked.
    Oh lol. The next few days should be fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yes. Yes I do hate spelling mistakes. Call me pernickity.

Yes. Yes I am a prick. Call me a prickity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Groovy....I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

AHA!

Now I know my detractors! Jimeatmenu and Redleslie2, I can finally put a name (sortof) to the nameless and bodiless 'doers-of-evil'.

And my vengence? Thank you for asking. It will come in one of two forms:

1) Swift and merciless (like Ming the intergalatic badass, not the hippy Irish loser)
    2) Slow and merciless

Basically you are both in for a world on online hurt, humiliation, and ongoing paranoia - 'is he reading my post right now...OMG OMG OMG...better not post again for fear of his swift/slow merciless vengence!' Obviously I mean no harm and don't mean to threaten. Or do I...?

See, already the psychological torture has begun! Where will it end? <---more psychological torture right there, an open-ended question loaded with malice

My vengence will be sweet, like a sugar-coated honey-roasted oat cereal, but containing shards of glass and radioactive materials. Like I give out to children on Halloween <----again, thats just how evil I am :)

/me hugs Ruggiebear

The first victim of the non anon rep system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

seamus wrote:
    Oh lol. The next few days should be fun....

Indeed.

Now that I think of it, it is going to hurt the little greenies more. For example, now that I can see 15 I noticed someone who called me a name for no reason.

Until that point I didn't even know who this person was, or why they are calling me a name. So I gave them a red apple back and pushed them all the way into the red rep.

Anyway my point is, your going to have low level rep people afraid to comment on high level people because any tit-for-tat is going to do more damage to them.

Would of been better to put a warning you will be banned for personal (unwarrented) comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Unrelated to the rep thingee, I notice mods now have their little white stars back.

On-topic, /me waves at SantaHoe. I was wondering who that was...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hobbes wrote:
    Indeed.

Now that I think of it, it is going to hurt the little greenies more. For example, now that I can see 15 I noticed someone who called me a name for no reason.

Until that point I didn't even know who this person was, or why they are calling me a name. So I gave them a red apple back and pushed them all the way into the red rep.

Anyway my point is, your going to have low level rep people afraid to comment on high level people because any tit-for-tat is going to do more damage to them.

Would of been better to put a warning you will be banned for personal (unwarrented) comments.

Just out of curiousity how much weight does karma from you have? Over 10,000 posts, been here a good while etc etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

/me braces self for the flood of "Hey, X you b******, why'd you give me bad rep over Y" posts...

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    Just out of curiousity how much weight does karma from you have? Over 10,000 posts, been here a good while etc etc....
    About 22 points. I think the rep of the person receiving also makes a difference when calculating though. Someone posted the system on another thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

/me braces self for the flood of "Hey, X you b******, why'd you give me bad rep over Y" posts...
    Meh, I've gotten at least 3 bad rep's with the comment "Jimmy Eat World suck!!". Having never heard any of their music I can't comment myself, but I can see one user who said it now, but I'm not going to rush off to give him bad rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Thats soo evil.

Im not sure if ill keep peoples names in my sig or not. Takes up that bit of space to take me over the 1500 limit :( .... I'll decide later. Its nice to have the last 15 points listed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I figured the majority of people wouldn't, but you'll always have some idiots that are going to start... Or maybe the community as a whole is more mature that I think... Probably the former, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'm disgusted....all of the "signed" comments I got were actually from who they claimed they were. Whats the fun in that???

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bonkey wrote:
    I'm disgusted....all of the "signed" comments I got were actually from who they claimed they were. Whats the fun in that???

jc

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

does anyone here actually enjoy popularity contests?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Aparently the way the system works is ::::

Now be nice to me ... I am only the messanger ..

Is the Karma system enabled? : Yes
    (Users on the vBulletin web site can now spread around karma)
    Can I hide my Karma points? : No
    (Sorry, everybody is equal on our site, hiding behind a rock isn't an option)
    Default Karma : 10
    (Every member on our web site starts with 10 karma points)
    Number of Karma ratings to display : 10
    (If you receive Karma points from other members, up to 10 will be listed in the home of your user control panel. It will also display your total amount of Karma points)
    Administrator's Karma Power : 100
    (This setting is the number of Karma points that an administrator gives or takes with each karma click)
    Do I get Karma for being on-line/registered? : 30
    (For every 30 number of days, you gain 1 point of Karma-altering power)
    Do I get Karma for posting? : 200
    (For every 200 number of posts, you gain 1 point of Karma-altering power)
    Do I get Karma for having Karma? : 300
    (For every 300 points of Karma, you gain 1 point of Karma-altering power)
    Does my Karma count? (posts) : 50
    (This setting is the number of posts that you must have before your Karma-hits count towards other's Karma points)
    Does my Karma count? (general) : 10 (You must have more then 10 Karma points before your Karma hits count on others)
    Daily Karma clicks limit : 10
    (This is the number of Karma clicks that you may give over any 24 hour period. Administrators are exempt from this limit)
    Karma user spread : 10
    (This setting is the number of different users that a person must give Karma to before they can hit the same person again. Administrators are exempt from this limit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Dataisgod wrote:
    a monty burns style excellent i believe is in order
    i believe a William Shatner auditioning for Monty Burns 'ex-el-excellent' is in order too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement