Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Karma Whore

i love it I love it I LOVE IT ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Dr. Loon wrote:
    ... and who's Fatty then?

I'm on an internet message board. Fat geeks with glasses are ten a penny.*

*Or seven and half for a €cent (you were wondering what those things were for)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

theres a plot?

if this is lord of the flies, who is piggy, and who is ralph?

I'd personally prefer it was Lord Of The Rings. More exciting, but I can't see how it would fit in to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Redleslie2 wrote:
    (Don La Fontaine voice)

In a sinister cyberunderworld ruled by fear, where corruption reigns and justice, truth and honour are as popular as a fart in a lift, where powerdrunk mod squads roam forums dragging simple innocent posters out of threads and assassinating their posts at will, only one man has the courage to stand up, sit down again, adjust his swivel chair height and type and fight for what's right.

His name...

(Some extremely loud bangs.)

...is Mechanima.

that is remarkably insensitive of you!

And its a she!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Bite me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Random post in a thread full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Cloud wrote:
    Hehe what a fun thread this is becoming!

Does anyone else agree that all the recent threads about reputation have been some of the funniest stuff on boards in a while?

This thread has had me tittering for the past 10 minutes.

Well it's been a lot of fun Embee but let's not forget about mechanima here. This traumatic and deeply disturbing thread has forced her to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

syke wrote:
    that is remarkably insensitive of you!

And its a she!
    Oh well, that's hollywood baby. Jolie wanted the lead but the studio believes it's more of a Vin Diesel in glasses type thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

anything with vin diesel can't be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Yeah, who cares etc etc etc.

Hey smak, on a completely different topic: Whatever happened to those Live at 3 sigs? I demand new, fresh material.
    added a link in my sig, to existing episodes. more soon.

This post enabled with MORONVISION...

Indeed it's been a laugh but lets look for the moral of this thread.

We've seen a user, so deep in her own problems that she see's them everywhere. Why? Because they are everywhere. Humans are not happy when they get along. We are a social animal but we are still animals. We do bad things and sometimes we don't care who we hurt as long as we get a laugh.[1]

We've seen another user, so wrapped up in his own self image, so deeply entranced with how others think of him, create a new account as a protest at a system that is at best, an interesting experiment in online social interaction and at worst a bit of fun.[2]

We've seen some new rising stars on boards. From out of the vacuum left by the "Great Exodus", fresh, talented posters are emerging.[3]

So what have we discovered here? What is the essential essence of this thread? Well, in the bleak cold world of the internet, for some of us boards is a home. We see familiar faces, some we like, some we don't, some we've never seen before. But it's familiar. The people may change, the servers may change. Even the Admins may, someday change.[4]

But like it or not boards is a city on the internet and like any city it's got it's bad side, and it's good side. [5]

HEY MORON DUDES! I GOT YOUR SECTION RIGHT HERE:
    [1] OMG WE LOST A MORON!
    [2] ZING!
    [3] YOU DUDES KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    [4] EXCEPT FOR CLOUD AS HE IS ALL POWERFUL AND IS ALSO A DR.
    [5] WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME! STILL BUILDING THEN BURNING DOWN LOVE! BURNING DOWN LOVE!

And when I go there
    I go there with you
    It's all I can do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

amp wrote:
    This post enabled with MORONVISION...

Indeed it's been a laugh but lets look for the moral of this thread.

We've seen a user, so deep in her own problems that she see's them everywhere. Why? Because they are everywhere. Humans are not happy when they get along. We are a social animal but we are still animals. We do bad things and sometimes we don't care who we hurt as long as we get a laugh.[1]

We've seen another user, so wrapped up in his own self image, so deeply entranced with how others think of him, create a new account as a protest at a system that is at best, an interesting experiment in online social interaction and at worst a bit of fun.[2]

We've seen some new rising stars on boards. From out of the vacuum left by the "Great Exodus", fresh, talented posters are emerging.[3]

So what have we discovered here? What is the essential essence of this thread? Well, in the bleak cold world of the internet, for some of us boards is a home. We see familiar faces, some we like, some we don't, some we've never seen before. But it's familiar. The people may change, the servers may change. Even the Admins may, someday change.[4]

But like it or not boards is a city on the internet and like any city it's got it's bad side, and it's good side. [5]

HEY MORON DUDES! I GOT YOUR SECTION RIGHT HERE:
    [1] OMG WE LOST A MORON!
    [2] ZING!
    [3] YOU DUDES KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    [4] EXCEPT FOR CLOUD AS HE IS ALL POWERFUL AND IS ALSO A DR.
    [5] WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME! STILL BUILDING THEN BURNING DOWN LOVE! BURNING DOWN LOVE!

And when I go there
    I go there with you
    It's all I can do.....

What a load of arsé!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

merc wrote:
    Regardless.... back to http://travel.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm for me..... some day this info might save my life.
    :eek:
    The rotary engine ... is sometimes called a Wankel engine

Strangely appropriate to this thread... :rolleyes:

Dr. Loon wrote:
    What a load of arsé!

Sorry, it's been a while since I've seen the Springer show. I'll try better next time.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Giblet wrote:
    Random post in a thread full of them.
    What's that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ah how I love irony, I gave every body i saw advocating rep point trading bad rep on the grounds that i felt it petty and vain, guess what happened once this new update was made, now im convinced they're not petty.
    Also Im never giving bad rep to a mod or user with mor rep than me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

syke wrote:
    Yes so you have never given anyone negative rep as part of a bullying campaign? Perhaps to a certain mod you dislike? If so you're a hypocrite.

She can't have been all bad so.

I'll miss her.

/me sheds a tear :(

merc wrote:
    Do! Your zingyness was very lacking! :D

I sense bullying :eek:
    I take it that hook just didnt fully come out :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=187074

Guess not Tilt, you're still going on about it :)
    Funny how the subject matter poped its head up again though!

Anyways people are a tad tired of the punch and judy show now. You can feel it in the rhythm.

Lets do it all again in say... ohhh six months or so! :D

You know as fun as it is to dance with you, I'd hate for people to think I'm doing the same material with you again. No... boards, as always, will provide. Some other young turk will go up against me for the crown and we'll have a great waltz and so on. Besides you're just far, far too easy to troll.
    ohh and mechanie.. don't let anyone here quash who you are. You just post away and your point will probably be proved. But remember... It doesnt matter a toss at the end of the day.

Its only a point.

Well said.

It's moments like these that show me that you are, at heart, a good person. You're not one of those people who goes by the old adage of "my enemies enemy is my friend" or anything.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

amp wrote:
    Well it's been a lot of fun Embee but let's not forget about mechanima here. This traumatic and deeply disturbing thread has forced her to leave.

I just presumed she was a he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

I'm tempted to start a poll

"Should mechanima be brought back to kick around some more?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Muppet wrote:
    She can't have been all bad so.

I'll miss her.

/me sheds a tear :(

Oh it wasn't me I was referring too.

mycroft wrote:
    I'm tempted to start a poll

"Should mechanima be brought back to kick around some more?"

I'd vote no. Maybe she will find another forum out there that is less brutal to it's members. I think a lot of us should be ashamed for our behaviour, myself especially :o

What does it look like to potential newbies who want to join the site? Will they run away from this opressive regime? Or will they just read Regi's We like Pie thread and see lots of beaming happy users instead?

Or will they never even read this thread, instead spending all their time ranting about how great the Prodigys new album is on the Dance/Electronica forum?

I don't have the answers to these questions. Do you?

syke wrote:
    Oh it wasn't me I was referring too.

The thought nerver crossed my mind. ;)

Well maybe it did a little bit.

Syke is a girl???!!

SSSSHH It's a secret.

• Advertisement