Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Congrats on getting the 300th post in this thread Merc! No idea what the hell your post was about generally but love the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

That tractor seems to be far advanced to any tractors I've ever seen. It has a TV on the front that shows films of other farm machinery!

That's very good.

I think it might be one of those old analog display devices. You know, the ones that were single use units, designed for wall mounting. Not great in the dark as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

amp wrote:
    I think it might be one of those old analog display devices. You know, the ones that were single use units, designed for wall mounting. Not great in the dark as I recall.

Ah. Thanks for warning me. I was just about to go buy one.

Well don't go anywhere near Paris if you do. They cost a fortune!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

merc wrote:
    Yeah the body kit totally transforms it. It was project "sex-on-wheels" Followed on from project "foreplay" Neither of which project names amused the MD.
    Got the kit designed from scratch and made in Holland. Tis soon to be for retail sale. Irelands first only Chevrolet at the mo would you believe.
    I am actually seriously toying with having it called the "Chevrolet Lacetti l33t" That being "L" three, three "T" in laymans terms.
    Boardsie is not my only source of amusement :D

I was wondering alright. Thought maybe a new Rover or an older modded Civic, but she's sure got some fine lines. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

amp wrote:
    Congrats on getting the 300th post in this thread Merc! No idea what the hell your post was about generally but love the car!

I presume i'm right in saying that The Muppet got the 300th post and not Merc? :confused:

Or i'm I missing out on some form of in-joke where the 301th post is referred to as the 300th post? :rolleyes: Like the way phat is good and bad is whack, or i mean good or....i dunno, hail ikthor or somin'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I like jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

delly wrote:
    I presume i'm right in saying that The Muppet got the 300th post and not Merc? :confused:

Or i'm I missing out on some form of in-joke where the 301th post is referred to as the 300th post? :rolleyes: Like the way phat is good and bad is whack, or i mean good or....i dunno, hail ikthor or somin'
    The first post doesn't count. It's the replies you can generate that determine how important you are.

HEIL IKTHOR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Having a good long think about all this overnight

You know, I think you're main issue is that you think a tad too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

amp wrote:
    Syke is a girl???!!
    A hot 20-something year old vixen at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That's weird - someone broke Syke's Law using Syke as an example!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Dr. Loon wrote:
    That tractor seems to be far advanced to any tractors I've ever seen. It has a TV on the front that shows films of other farm machinery!

That's very good.

Its a Tellytubby tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

simu wrote:
    That's weird - someone broke Syke's Law using Syke as an example!
    Ok I give up..after 10 mins of searching Im none the wiser. Whats Syke's law?

Its a chevy? thought it was a pug 206 at first glance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok I give up..after 10 mins of searching Im none the wiser. Whats Syke's law?

Its a chevy? thought it was a pug 206 at first glance.

All internet users are male until observed being female.

syke wrote:

Well I haven't observed you being female. At least not lately, so I'm sticking with my belief that you have no sexuality. I mean that you are male.

I'M SO CONFUSED! WHAT TO DO! HAIL IKTHOR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Ahhh! A revelation on a par with Newton's discovery of gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

syke wrote:

Ahhh.....that makes sense. More of a rule of thumb tho innit? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

delly wrote:

Fncking typical of the type of bullying and favouritism that goes on here. Even when I get the 300th post they give it to one of their cronies. No offence intended Merc I,ll give ya some Pos Rep to show there's nothing personal.

Is there a prize for 300th post and if so I demand a recount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

rule 6

THERE IS NO RULE 6!!!!!!!

rule 7

NO POOFTAS!

i knew id get a pythonism somewhere on this thread!

YES!

The Muppet wrote:
    Fncking typical of the type of bullying and favouritism that goes on here. Even when I get the 300th post they give it to one of their cronies. No offence intended Merc I,ll give ya some Pos Rep to show there's nothing personal.

Is there a prize for 300th post and if so I demand a recount

THE NAME SAID MERC! THE NUMBER SAID 300! I JUST WANTED TO HUG SOMEONE!

Can't we all just y'know, live in a happy lalala land?

GROUP HUG!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would just like to say to all the massive influx of people pimping for points off me.

I can only give so many out a day and at the moment people are quickly falling off the list before I can give more points. So if you don't get any, I'll get you next time around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Got this problem when trying to give karma to two different people on a thread (no, not the same person). Me confused.

Also- looking at the karma I've gotten, nice green apples, a few red ones- and also a couple of purple ones. What on earth are the purple ones in aid of? They all seem to be from threads where I have neutral karma- but I don't see anyone else mentioning purple apples.

Also- while we know karma from oldtimers is worth more than from newbies- it would be nice to know what its worth. I don't mean it would be worthwhile from the perspective of someone planning a karma war- I mean a more innocent, when I reach X number of posts (or have been a member for X length of time) my karma gifts will increase to X. That said, naturally, karma should be judiciously awarded as deserved, not as a weapon or a manner to bribe people.

Time will tell I guess.

Hmmmm!

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

smccarrick wrote:
    Also- looking at the karma I've gotten, nice green apples, a few red ones- and also a couple of purple ones. What on earth are the purple ones in aid of? They all seem to be from threads where I have neutral karma- but I don't see anyone else mentioning purple apples.

Sounds like neutral karma to me, either you're GFX card or your eyesight is wonky...

Neutral karma is a blue/gray colour to me.

Like so: reputation_balance.gifreputation_balance.gifreputation_balance.gifreputation_balance.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sounds like neutral karma to me, either you're GFX card or your eyesight is wonky...

Neutral karma is a blue/gray colour to me.

Like so: reputation_balance.gif

Hmm, yes, purple. I'll blame my colour balance :)

Thks,

S.

This thread is so big that pretty soon it'll become sentient!

Also, like Hobbes, I am all fapped out. Sorry kids, but the lovin.. will continue... tommorow.. uh huh! thankyuhverymuch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

How about Reputation blackmail? For example if I were to casually mention that anyone who has posted on this thread so far is in danger of getting negative Rep points from me and my associates unless they immediately send negative Rep points my way (in which case they would in fact get positive rep back!)? How well would that go down?

mwahahaha,
    - Don Sico

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sico wrote:
    How about Reputation blackmail? For example if I were to casually mention that anyone who has posted on this thread so far is in danger of getting negative Rep points from me and my associates
    You rep is so bad it wouldn't count for anything. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Sico wrote:
    How about Reputation blackmail? For example if I were to casually mention that anyone who has posted on this thread so far is in danger of getting negative Rep points from me and my associates unless they immediately send negative Rep points my way (in which case they would in fact get positive rep back!)? How well would that go down?

mwahahaha,
    - Don Sico

then we would get beruthiel to give you positive rep see how you'd like that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement