Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

the storm clouds are forming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

oh god, i'm so gonna reap the whirlwind of all my negative anonymous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I've just noticed sharkman has some red stars. Are us subscribers getting our fluffy red stars back?

I hope so ... I love my fluffy red stars.

[I've just noticed i have got my red stars back, danke :) ]

Also ive decided that your name wont appear in my sig only your comment. Unless you leave no comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

How about another feature where you can see who you've actually given all your karma too. I've such a goldfish memory that i forget pretty quickly. I'm always reaching the too much Karma given out in 24hrs and then i see another post that would have been so much more worthy....I'm pretty sure it possible to hack it into the vB...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Bah! I hadn't even fully investigated the stalking aspect of this feature.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

At least I can boast getting negative rep from Cloud. But then again, I was very naughty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Well spotted Winters .

Red Stars are good !!!!

Also I back ruggies proposal for given karma ... Nice idea .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

bonkey wrote:
    I'm disgusted....all of the "signed" comments I got were actually from who they claimed they were. Whats the fun in that???

jc
    Wow, I never thought of that - people signing other peoples' names? Should have thought of that BEFORE this new feature, that would have been much fun! Just think of the possibilities for pure evil....

'...and I know I pretend otherwise, but computer games are for NERDS - KdjaC'
    '...obviously I seem open-minded and non-judgemental, but lets face it, people like you make me sick. Stay out of PI or suffer - Miss Beruthiel'
    '...and frankly, politics simply bore me. What I really am interested in is muscle cars, vroom vroom baby!! - bonkey'

Sigh. No chance of that anymore.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does my Karma count? (general) : 10 (You must have more then 10 Karma points before your Karma hits count on others)

Is this where the grey apples come from - typo-negatives ineffectively giving rep?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Is this where the grey apples come from - typo-negatives ineffectively giving rep?

I believe so . I had a positive rep from a noob which made no difference to my overall count ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Heh, the same two people giving me neg rep. I didn't suspect one of them cos I thought he had me on ignore the wee scamp. No more unjustified retaliation possible then, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ionapaul wrote:
    Wow, I never thought of that - people signing other peoples' names? Should have thought of that BEFORE this new feature, that would have been much fun! Just think of the possibilities for pure evil....

The last three people I know who did it were banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Redleslie2 wrote:
    Heh, the same two people giving me neg rep. I didn't suspect one of them cos I thought he had me on ignore the wee scamp. No more unjustified retaliation possible then, oh well.

Ya I got a negative rep from Mr Melody who said he never reads my posts because I'm on his ignore.

Plus he gave it to me for saying
    I doubt it 3 million would be out of Villa's range, but I would love if he did come.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ps Thanks Redleslie for your very kind positive reps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Hobbes wrote:
    The last three people I know who did it were banned.

I've had people sign as "Winters' mom" which is always quite funny and amusing. It was differant people each time to owhich made it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hobbes wrote:
    Anyway my point is, your going to have low level rep people afraid to comment on high level people because any tit-for-tat is going to do more damage to them.

Just continue on this thought for a while...is there anyway to highlight the reputation strength a user has. I know there is a list of rules but that takes ages to figure out. Be great to see that, say, Hobbes can give/take away 22 or an admin can give/take away 50 or that i can give diddly squat!! :D

p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

irish1 wrote:
    Ps Thanks Redleslie for your very kind positive reps :D
    Yeah? Well I hope they were positive. Man, I can't remember where I was at the weekend, never mind who I'm giving reps to on this thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I just checked. The rep givers' names are now appearing.
    That'll put manners on some of the wee pups out there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

This is BRILLIANT!!!

I can now see that the person who went all the way back to a thread from the end of august on sunday with the relevant and telling comment "have some back" (BEWARE: Explicitly sexual and political content and LOTS OF designer ultraviolence http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1880783#post1880783 ) was EXACTLY who I thought it was...

*chuckles*

I am not going to identify this person, even by gender, or by quoting some of the biting comments this person has made about people who abuse the reputation points system for spite...

I am not even going to make too much of the fact that this person is NOT a de facto aquaintance and we do not even post in the same forums ever.

No...I am too busy starting out on my WHOLE NEW career as a psychic...

:D

Please PM for readings.

And here is a free prediction:

Even though it is great to see who has been childish and spiteful in the past, and which friends and other workarounds they are going to use to be childish and spiteful in the future, I see the whole reputation points system as being of no real use to anyone except the bullying element on boards and the other bullying element in each of us.

The only people who ever have, or ever will get rep points off me are people who deserve positive ones, but that's not because I am a saint, it's more because I AM A REBEL!
    :D
    G
    PS. Can we please have more smilies? Particularly an "evil grin"? I have lately been accused of being grumpy on boards, but that is NOT MY FAULT if there are NO APPROPRIATE smilies, now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bastards.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

WHAT!..... is your favourite colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

mechanima wrote:
    I can now see that the person who went all the way back to a thread from the end of august on sunday with the relevant and telling comment "have some back" (BEWARE: Explicitly sexual and political content and LOTS OF designer ultraviolence http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1880783#post1880783 ) was EXACTLY who I thought it was...

*chuckles*

I am not going to identify this person, even by gender, or by quoting some of the biting comments this person has made about people who abuse the reputation points system for spite...

Was it me?? It sounds like some negative rep I gave out a while ago, although I've never seen that thread before until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

ROFL

Loving this.

Would love it even MORE if we could see all rep from teh START!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I dunno. I've been given karma by people with a load of green dots but it was grey.

merc wrote:
    Interesting. I can't help now but wonder if you know what I am thinking......!!
    :eek:

Why?

Have you FORGOTTEN???

I can do "forgotten thought recovery" at half price...

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

koneko wrote:
    /me waves at SantaHoe. I was wondering who that was...
    Hmm deary me... was that a negetive rep spree I was on last night?!
    Nice timing cloud... really.
    Sorry koneko, I'm sure I've given you good rep before a few times aswell.
    Like Hobbes says, it's a game, and I was playing it, nothing personal... or at least it was a game, now it's just going to be tit-for-tat crap where I'm sure flame wars will start in rep-comments and PM's.

Instead of PosterX moaning that he can't see who's neg-repping him... there will be posts of:
    "FAO: UserBlah - WHY DID YOU GIVE ME BAD REP?? WHAT DID I DO??? OH YEAH?? WELL I THINK YOU'RE WRONG!!! THIS MEANS WAR!!!"

This is bollocks tbh, you might aswell turn it off now... no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Makaveli wrote:
    I dunno. I've been given karma by people with a load of green dots but it was grey.
    Peeps like Merc_Tilt, although plump with karma, will have no affect on you because his post count is set to "0".

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Was it me?? It sounds like some negative rep I gave out a while ago, although I've never seen that thread before until now.

AH NO...you NOT get me like THAT...

I have made my mind up not to identify this individual by gender, quotation OR whether it is Dr Loon or not...

...and when I make up my mind...

G

(HMPF! no "DETERMINED" smilie either?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

embee wrote:
    Would love it even MORE if we could see all rep from teh START!
    Jebus. Then I'd really be in trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement