Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Is there any way we could see who we gave rep to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

back to 15 i now know who gave me some red ones which amuses me.

@SMAK you comment has also amused me

in other news gwan the sexy 4 orange stars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That'd be interesting, I can't remember who I gave rep to anymore.

Hope this doesn't mean people will start PM'ing eachother WHY DID YOU GIVE ME BAD REP YE WHORE!

Santy, don't worry about it :) I was just messing, pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

SantaHoe wrote:
    Like Hobbes says, it's a game, and I was playing it, nothing personal... or at least it was a game, now it's just going to be tit-for-tat crap where I'm sure flame wars will start in rep-comments and PM's.

Interesting point, if only EVERYBODY was playing it as an impartial game, but I don't think they were...

So what you got was tit-for-tat crap ANYWAY, but based on GUESSWORK, and SOMETIMES people could be "persuaded" to guess WRONG, so it would be possible to get two strikes for the price of one negative.

It's the nasty side of human nature...and there is a LOT of it about...

:confused:

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks for that. :(

My kind nature forbids me from reciprocating. It's all about balance.

I will just turn the other cheek , and you can kiss my hairy arse. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh if only they would pm each other instead of starting new threads entitled: "OMG! XENA787B GAVE ME BAD REP EVEN THOUGH IT IS THEY WHO ARE THE FOOL AND SMELL"

At least then we wouldn't have to see it.

And that makes me think that possibly it's time to think seriously about The Muppets suggestion for a forum dedicated to Reputation in which all the above whingers could bleat on about what the other morons called them in a place that could be easily avoided.

And to those about to give me bad rep for the above; please do, it will allow me to see who the really dedicated morons are in this thread.

mechanima,
    Your caps lock seems to be on the blink, maybe take a look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The part i like about this is you can see exactly WHO that petty user who decided that the only way to do things was to go into an unrelated thread, neg me and write "bastard" - and it does seem to be the one who was on to me about maturity!

excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

crash_000 wrote:
    The part i like about this is you can see exactly WHO that petty user who decided that the only way to do things was to go into an unrelated thread, neg me and write "bastard" - and it does seem to be the one who was on to me about maturity!
    So instead of quietly savouring your victory you post it up here in triumph.

Perhaps you were double bluffed?

koneko wrote:
    mechanima,

Nah, my caps are a CHOICE I make...I think it's to do with hormones myself?

G

• Advertisement

Errr.... ooookaaaay?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well I have handed out the reds to those who gave them to me..
    I have handed out reds to those that hit my friends with red for no reason.

and I've handed out greenies to those that should of got them..

as far as I am concerned now, any reds I get will get red back. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

mechanima wrote:
    Nah, my caps are a CHOICE I make...I think it's to do with hormones myself?

G
    What happened to the feature that stopped someone from typing in all caps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hehe what a fun thread this is becoming!

I'm sure under the FOI act you'd be entitled to this information anyway.

I limited the display to 15 posts purely for convenience because I doubt vB would paginate them and it could be messy if more than that are displayed. But maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

koneko wrote:
    mechanima,

It's called the auto-tabloid feature. Much like reading the Sun or the Mirror, a reader can retrieve the gist of the information instantly by reading the capitalised words only, thereby freeing up more time to ponder the physique of the young essex girl on page 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Hobbes wrote:

as far as I am concerned now, any reds I get will get red back. :p
    Does that not just ruin the whole concept? Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

impr0v wrote:
    It's called the auto-tabloid feature. Much like reading the Sun or the Mirror, a reader can retrieve the gist of the information instantly by reading the capitalised words only, thereby freeing up more time to ponder the physique of the young essex girl on page 3.

who no doubt is 22 and spells her nake N-I-K-K-I and wants to be a kindergarten teacher when she figures out how to stop her top from falling off...

Cloud wrote:
    Hehe what a fun thread this is becoming!

Y'know sometimes I look up from this maze and see Cloud in a white coat with a clipboard in hand. I then dismiss this and go back to trying to figure out where the damn cheese is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Btw I worked out my karma power based on the formula earlier, according that I modify scores (base) by 124.

I'm sure ecksor being the l44t mathematician that he is has modifed this though, as I doubt I am that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

amp wrote:
    Y'know sometimes I look up from this maze and see Cloud in a white coat with a clipboard in hand. I then dismiss this and go back to trying to figure out where the damn cheese is.
    When you get all the green dots, you get the cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Cloud wrote:
    I'm sure under the FOI act you'd be entitled to this information anyway.

Yeah, but under the FOI, wouldn't you have the right to charge people a nominal fee for it?

More money-earning opportunities down the drain.... <sigh> ;)

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hobbes wrote:
    Btw I worked out my karma power based on the formula earlier, according that I modify scores (base) by 124.

I'm sure ecksor being the l44t mathematician that he is has modifed this though, as I doubt I am that high.

groovy :D ....so who the **** would be stupid enough to give you red now...it be like fiji attacking the USA and getting nuked in return.

have to work out my own.... :confused:
    EDIT: wayhey.....my karma power is 14 (i think) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

LOL - so I should have made it a Subscriber feature! Doh...

amp wrote:
    (on a negative rep attached to this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1967045#post1967045)
    Reputation System Update 05-10-2004 14:49 amp please stop posting

As amp has already expressed his wish that all these matters now be discussed in the open thus:
    amp wrote:
    And that makes me think that possibly it's time to think seriously about The Muppets suggestion for a forum dedicated to Reputation in which all the above whingers could bleat on about what the other morons called them in a place that could be easily avoided.

Let me start the ball rolling. My question is a very simple one:

Why?

G

Cloud wrote:

Boards.jp? Boards.us? HOLY GLOBALISATION!

mechanima wrote:
    As amp has already expressed his wish that all these matters now be discussed in the open thus:

Let me start the ball rolling. My question is a very simple one:

Why?

G

Hey, thanks for proving my point. Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

amp wrote:
    Thanks for that...never knew it even existed:
    Boards.jp looks really interesting. How long has it been around for...i must go and explore. I like their avatars.... :D

amp wrote:
    Hey, thanks for proving my point. Moron.

Sorry...I thought it was rather that you had proved my point amp? THere seems to be a lot of that about.
    :)

My mistake, apologies, so, you are saying that you used your MIGHTY MODERATOR points to knock humble little me (who cannot hope to retalirate in kind) down, just to see if I would post it openly?

Would that be correct?

Incidentally, I don't actually agree with you that people who highlight the flaws in and abuses of the "reputation" system are "morons", I think they are just assertive. However, I think the people who use it as a tool to abuse others are, at best, "morons", but that's just my personal thinking...

G

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

amp wrote:
    That's freaky. It's what I imagine it would be like to look in a mirror and see yourself looking back, except it's not really you, it's a different you, with different clothes, different hair, and a big big scary grin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Okay, so far I've given Karma based on what people have said in a thread. If I strongly disagree I give some bad karma, if I strongly agree or the person has made me laugh etc, I give some good Karma.

I can see myself only giving good Karma now with the new system...I'm not complaining just mentioning how the change will affect me!

Will this change affect how you give karma?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement