Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

koneko wrote:
    Actually, no. Personally I think it's in your head. Most people treat this like a game, or ignore it. You seem to think negative rep=bullying.

actually koneko i don't think negative rep=bullying.

i think it is too often used for the purpose of bullying, as part of a system of bullying because it is far too handy for that purpose.

however when it is used for bullying that is usually pretty obvious once it is held up to the light.

i think the rep system causes silly, unnecessary unpleasantness and the sooner it is gone the better.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Am I alone in thinking that it would be nice to be able to see other peoples rep list, to see what posts they got it for and from whom? It's just that sometimes it's very hard to imagine why some of the individuals sporting long lists of greens have accumulated any at all.

However, it's probably a more accurate reflection of real life the way it is, cronyism being one of the cornerstones of Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

koneko wrote:
    haha four eyes!
    im telling on you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

impr0v wrote:
    However, it's probably a more accurate reflection of real life the way it is, cronyism being one of the cornerstones of Irish society.

careful now..... ;)
    father_ted.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

SantaHoe wrote:
    now it's just going to be tit-for-tat crap where I'm sure flame wars will start in rep-comments and PM's.

Instead of PosterX moaning that he can't see who's neg-repping him... there will be posts of:
    "FAO: UserBlah - WHY DID YOU GIVE ME BAD REP?? WHAT DID I DO??? OH YEAH?? WELL I THINK YOU'RE WRONG!!! THIS MEANS WAR!!!"
    Yep, and the PM's have started already :rolleyes:
    Look, I went on some random negetive rep binges over the past few weeks... I once negetive karma'd everyone in a thread just because they wasted 5 minutes of my precious time reading it... trust me, you're not special.
    If it's burning you up inside, then by all means give me negetive rep back... as clearly demonstrated in my other posts in this thread, I've given neg karma to people I actually think are pretty sound... just because I was random'ing for no other reason than to spread it around before whoring it back to my regular rep boosters.

If you feel I have damaged your reputation unjustly, leave your name with positive rep for this post and I'll positive you back a few times to make up for any random rep injury you may have suffered.

repwhore2.jpg

• Advertisement

impr0v wrote:
    ive said it before and ill say it again, democracy simply doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

RuggieBear wrote:
    careful now..... ;)

wild allegations and innuendo being other cornerstones of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

This is very very interesting. I see a lot of members in a whole new light......brilliant................

impr0v wrote:
    Am I alone in thinking that it would be nice to be able to see other peoples rep list, to see what posts they got it for and from whom? It's just that sometimes it's very hard to imagine why some of the individuals sporting long lists of greens have accumulated any at all.

Now there's an idea...not as good as deleting the whole system altogether, but a good idea all the same...sorta "judge not lest ye be judged"

impr0v wrote:

Oi! Less of the "Irish", I think it's everywhere, but does that make it a good thing worth emulating?

G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

climaxer wrote:
    This is very very interesting. I see a lot of members in a whole new light......brilliant................

Now you get to see all the two-faced ****ers who were agreeing with you on the thread, while dissing you with negative karma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

impr0v wrote:
    It's just that sometimes it's very hard to imagine why some of the individuals sporting long lists of greens have accumulated any at all.
    I'm just really nice. And my mom says I'm cool.
    SantaHoe wrote:
    Look, I went on some random negetive rep binges over the past few weeks... I once negetive karma'd everyone in a thread just because they wasted 5 minutes of my precious time reading it...
    Mmm, I've sometimes felt like that. Not too sure if I've done it but my late-night less patience alterego might have.

Did I mention that I'm really two people?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Praetorian wrote:
    Okay, so far I've given Karma based on what people have said in a thread. If I strongly disagree I give some bad karma, if I strongly agree or the person has made me laugh etc, I give some good Karma.

I can see myself only giving good Karma now with the new system...I'm not complaining just mentioning how the change will affect me!

Will this change affect how you give karma?

YOU BIG FIBBER !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

climaxer wrote:

what colour is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

R E D :D

"Cry havoc and let slip the dots of war"

im not convinced you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well I never, all my negative rep has come from people I've never heard of, except SprostonGreen who's a twat anyway. Oh woe is me etc. etc.

Something occurs to me, I am beginning to wonder if any of the "boards bullies" actually realise that their little schemes and strategies are not just an impersonal alternative to chess, but can cause other people sustained emotional trauma?

They can have other consequences too.

For instance, I know that, for me, the behavior of the "boards bullies" over time has devalued those individuals past recovery, and by association devalued the entire community, in my eyes.

Put simply, once I identify a "boards bully" I wouldn't consider anything they had to say, on any subject, to be worthwhile.

I find it quite a struggle to remember that not everybody, not even most people on boards are like them.

But is that true? Do the "boards bullies" really believe that they aren't hurting anyone? Or that it is the responsibility of the victim to *cope* with whatever calculated cruelty it amuses them to throw?

If they realised the truth, would they try to behave better?

G

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, it wasn't hard to figure out who gave me neg rep before this Cloud 9 hit. Usually I'd just click on the post and see which moron I was making fun of... I mean bullying with intent.. at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

OMG STOP THE DRAMA, DON'T YOU SEE YOUR KILLING HIM!

mechanima wrote:
    Put simply, once I identify a "boards bully" I wouldn't consider anything they had to say, on any subject, to be worthwhile.

so you just decided that you had to air your views to the ether?

or you are still just looking for attention?

by the way, if you are actually having problems coming to grips with amp and his unnatural mating habits which have been described as 'akin to the courting ritual that would transpire if elvis presley's pelvis were to co-join with a humming bird', and you feel that you need to get things of your chest, you can always pop over to the Personal Issues board, where there are many many more people like him waiting to take away the hurt.
    heal the hurt.

yes.

heal.

mommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

mechanima wrote:
    Something occurs to me, I am beginning to wonder if any of the "boards bullies" actually realise that their little schemes and strategies are not just an impersonal alternative to chess, but can cause other people sustained emotional trauma?

They can have other consequences too.

For instance, I know that, for me, the behavior of the "boards bullies" over time has devalued those individuals past recovery, and by association devalued the entire community, in my eyes.

I find it quite a struggle to remember that not everybody, not even most people on boards are like them.

But is that true? Do the "boards bullies" really believe that they aren't hurting anyone? Or that it is the responsibility of the victim to *cope* with whatever calculated cruelty it amuses them to throw?

If they realised the truth, would they try to behave better?

G

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE BOARDS BULLIES(TM) 5 OCTOBER 2004.

Hello,

As President of the Boards Bullies Association of Boards I would like to issue the following statement:

Mechanima! Please adjust your tinfoil hat and prepare for the motherships arrival!

Regards,

amp

P.s If you want never to be slagged, criticised or be the the recipient of negative energy in any shape or form I suggest you become a hermit. This way you can be almost guaranteed never to be bullied. Alternatively you could develop a sense of humour.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

impr0v wrote:
    wild allegations and innuendo being other cornerstones of course...

Jazis, no wonder nothing ever gets built in Ireland. All cornerstones and divil a roof.

if you are actually having problems coming to grips with amp and his unnatural mating habits which have been described as 'akin to the courting ritual that would transpire if elvis presley's pelvis were to co-join with a humming bird',

Well, actually I wasn't, until you mentioned them (mostly because I didn't know about them), but since you did I am rather afraid that I am...

:o

G

mechanima, have you read this....
    BP-OL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

This is better than rome total war!

amp wrote:
    PRESS RELEASE FROM THE BOARDS BULLIES(TM) 5 OCTOBER 2004.

Hello,

As President of the Boards Bullies Association of Boards I would like to issue the following statement:

Mechanima! Please adjust your tinfoil hat and prepare for the motherships arrival!

Regards,

amp

P.s Please be sure to phone the garda about my above bullying of you. The emotional trauma must be terrible for you :(

Amp,

Let's get this straight, are you bullying me?

G

mechanima, have you read this....
    BP-OL.gif

Interesting...

But I do have my own methods, simple, effective, and they save me a small fortune in dog food.

G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

gmail is struggling with this thread alone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement