Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

oh ffs! people you dont know on the net giving you a hard time? and your upset? christ, how do you survive in the real world?

So, you think people giving people they don't even know a hard time for the heck of it is a good and healthy thing?

(on edit)
    Also, why is hurting real people so important to you that you feel the need to defend it?

G

PS I have more often watched people being bullied for someone else's amusement/whatever on boards than been on the recieving end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

who gave you a hard time? what did they do? for whose amusment was it?

who gave you a hard time? what did they do? for whose amusment was it?

No, first you answer my abstract questions above:
    mechanima wrote:
    So, you think people giving people they don't even know a hard time for the heck of it is a good and healthy thing?
    Also, why is hurting real people so important to you that you feel the need to defend it?

Because if this was about individuals I would deal with them in private.

G

mechanima wrote:
    no, but i fail to see where anyone is giving you a hard time. anyone making fun of you in this thread is doing it entirely in jest. if you fail to see the humour, then thats your own business.
    mechanima wrote:
    (on edit)
    to be honest, hurting so called real people aint nice. im just bemused as to why you feel hurt by a few people you dont know and probably will never meet. if someone attacks you here, it doesnt mean bollox to be honest. dont get me wrong im not having a go at you either, I just dont understand why this is so important to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, who cares etc etc etc.

Hey smak, on a completely different topic: Whatever happened to those Live at 3 sigs? I demand new, fresh material.

• Advertisement

no, but i fail to see where anyone is giving you a hard time. anyone making fun of you in this thread is doing it entirely in jest. if you fail to see the humour, then thats your own business.

Firstly, I think you'd better realise that you don't know why anybody else does anything, only yourself
    to be honest, hurting so called real people aint nice. im just bemused as to why you feel hurt by a few people you dont know and probably will never meet. if someone attacks you here, it doesnt mean bollox to be honest. dont get me wrong im not having a go at you either, I just dont understand why this is so important to you.

Where did I say I felt hurt? I didn't...because I don't...

For one thing I have to respect a person for them to be able to hurt me.

Maybe I'm a kind of person you never came across before but I get far more upset by seeing people trying to hurt other people than by people trying to hurt me.

...and the constant bullying that goes on on boards (whether through the rep system or otherwise) consistently fails to amuse me, and equally invalidates what could otherwise be an excellent resource.

There is plenty of fun in life that doesn't involve trying to hurt anyone y'know...

I do not understand why the "right to hurt and bully" should be important enough to defend to anyone

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Can this new bitch fest please die now? Surely PI would be a better place to discuss hurt feelings and belittled emotions... Or PM is good too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

mechanima wrote:
    i don't know, but i suspect offering to polish cloud's car might be a good beginning...

NoOoOoO! My car is 12 years old, and may not be able for the shock of being polished for the first time this century. Touch my car, that's a paddlin'.

Cloud wrote:
    NoOoOoO! My car is 12 years old, and may not be able for the shock of being polished for the first time this century. Touch my car, that's a paddlin'.

:confused:

But mine is 11.5 years old and gets polished ALL THE TIME...do you think I may be hurting it?

G

Yeah, who cares etc etc etc.

Hey smak, on a completely different topic: Whatever happened to those Live at 3 sigs? I demand new, fresh material.
    im working on them. watch this space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

uh oh! :)

i probably won't last long... best say my farewells!

(ps. i was just trying to take them GRENNIES down to not-so-GREENIES)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I look forward to this. Was wondering where they'd went as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm enjoying the current run of sig pics, but this live at 3 thing intrigues me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

:D this is the most entertaining thread I've seen in a while ...

I wish I had the time to give everyone involved much positive karma ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Cloud wrote:

I demand that when you try to give a high ranking god-like admin (who's probably already got as much karma as you can get) the system bypass the "You have fapped too much in the 24 hoursblahblahblah" message and give the bloody karma already.

Did I say demand? I meant something non-aggressive. Please do not mistake this for bullying :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cloud wrote:
    LOL - so I should have made it a Subscriber feature! Doh...

I suggested this weeks ago, you'd have made a fortune...

Just look at all those bitter twisted posters salivating at their chance to GET THEIR OWN BACK!!!!!

Dropped the ball there sunshine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

nonchalance.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

nonchalance.jpg
    Thats probably the most sensible post so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

^^^^^^
    lol....I like it!

Says it all for me...

G

• Advertisement

In other news I have ascended to third place behind Cloud and Beruthial. Mostly based on this thread. I am now a splendid one to behold.

takingthepiss.jpg

I'd just like to thank everyone for the love and to apologise to the farmer with regard to rain being a bully. It was a bad metaphor as the rain bullies us all in this country.

Your humble servant,

amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

You seem... familiar. Have we met?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

amp wrote:
    I demand that when you try to give a high ranking god-like admin (who's probably already got as much karma as you can get) the system bypass the "You have fapped too much in the 24 hoursblahblahblah" message and give the bloody karma already.

Did I say demand? I meant something non-aggressive. Please do not mistake this for bullying :cool:

so it's true, if you get two ribs removed you can, you know :o
    the mighty amp gets more positive rep from the great BANANA for showing the future holds great self loving opportunities, just gotta save up my pocket money,/ goddamn rip off plastic surgeons :mad:

so it's true, if you get two ribs removed you can, you know :o
    the mighty amp gets more positive rep from the great BANANA for showing the future holds great self loving opportunities, just gotta save up my pocket money,/ goddamn rip off plastic surgeons :mad:

Heathen!

merc wrote:
    Well I think one of the last time we actually met, real life and all that stuff... I wished you the best of luck at a beers with your new job and all but other that that of course we have. Im merc. I would have thought that was obvious tbh.
    Perhaps the familar'ness comes from the fact my new account is ehhh named "merc".. possibly...

Oh yeaaaahhhh. Beers and memory eh? ;)

So what happened to your old account old bean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

mechanima wrote:
    I wish they would too ecksor, but what can I do *spreading hands*

It is beyond my control.

Just so it's clear (as if it wasn't, you're really very witty when you're whinging) I was telling you to stop whinging.

Stop whinging. As I said in the reputation comment for which you're not PMing me **** for, "nobody cares".
    PS Hey, after all these months I finally overcame my disillusionment enough to take your advice and formally complain to the person you suggested I should, about the thing you suggested I should...thanks...I never forgot it was you who encouraged me.

Ah yes, a snide message to me in PM when I told you to complain implying that I'm dishonest, inconsistent and lacking in integrity and then a cryptic post on the public thread that you seem to think makes you look clever and knowing but actually makes you look bitter and silly.

Did you actually complain to an admin about your grievance or are you just blowing more smoke here? If the latter than I think we'll have to do without your input on the admin forums in future. I'm really very very curious to find out what it is you're complaining about and it's about time you put up or shut up on this sort of thread instead of being a constant bag of whinge eating our bandwidth while implying that you're being trodden upon but never actually doing anything about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement