Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation System Update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

merc wrote:

I mean... who doesnt like to play.

A kid with no friends?

merc wrote:
    You had a s1ht chidhood.

Have you never snorted tippex thinners when you were a bored lil child?

Thats more "work" than " play"...followed by "rest" in the world of Mars.

• Advertisement

merc wrote:
    Your perception is....

...all f*cked up from huffing lighter fluid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

ecksor wrote:
    Ah yes, a snide message to me in PM when I told you to complain implying that I'm dishonest, inconsistent and lacking in integrity and then a cryptic post on the public thread that you seem to think makes you look clever and knowing but actually makes you look bitter and silly.

You take the message any way you like ecksor, but it is a matter of fact that you told me I should take up a particular grievance on the admin boards some months ago. Which you reiterated, in private AFTER my post.

I told you, in reply, that I didn't think it was worth it, because I had no faith in the admins (the short version: which your subsequent behavior rather rather tends to validate).
    ecksor wrote:
    Did you actually complain to an admin about your grievance or are you just blowing more smoke here?

Last weekend (1st October) I finally made a VERY muted version of that complaint, by PM rather than in public, (the intention being to achieve something constructive rather than to publicly attack an individual) which I am going to PM to you.

If you choose to make it public that will be your decision, but it is not mine.

THe only response I have yet to receive was for the object of that complaint to dig up an old post (3rd October) and put negative reputation points with the remark "Have some back" which struck me at the time as a remarkably mature and reflective response.
    ecksor wrote:
    I'm really very very curious to find out what it is you're complaining about and it's about time you put up or shut up on this sort of thread instead of being a constant bag of whinge eating our bandwidth while implying that you're being trodden upon but never actually doing anything about it.

You and I have discussed my past complaints in considerable detail, which could be considered, "complaining to you".

All I will say about such response as you gave (apart from telling me to take the grievance publicly to the admin forums) is that I was far from satisfied.

Today, however, is a seperate issue, about the reputation system that seems to be extensively used for bullying and cronyism, which is an aspect of boards that does not impress me..

I believe I am entitled to hold and express my own opinion on that, rather than yours, under implied threat?

If you want to ban me for expressing an opinion you did not give me permission to hold, that is your perogative, and I am quite sure I will survive.

G

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I have reviewed all comments left for you in the last month and I saw nothing that would cause me to take any action. I've also read the PM you sent and I saw nothing of substance. Perhaps you should include examples next time rather than presenting your conclusions with no evidence and getting upset when I don't agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

merc wrote:
    nothing really. I just use it for modding/peartree houser activites now. Just gonna use a new merc account every 50 + or - rep points till I can turn it off. Im past the begging stage and Im not arsed paying for my toys anymore and I am still "me"

As people say....its only the internet...

Wow, possibly the most serious post on a reputation thread so far. Well done Merc, you make all these other whingers look like amateurs.

ecksor wrote:
    I have reviewed all comments left for you in the last month and I saw nothing that would cause me to take any action. I've also read the PM you sent and I saw nothing of substance. Perhaps you should include examples next time rather than presenting your conclusions with no evidence and getting upset when I don't agree with you.

Ecksor, you are entitled to your own opinion, and I would defend with my life your right to hold and express it, but I am equally entitled to mine, which has not changed one whit.

So we will have to agree to disagree, I will shut up about it, as I did last time, it is, after all, your board, not mine.

Also there seems to be a system glitch, because neither the PM in question, nor the forward I sent to you is showing a read receipt, which is odd, because my earlier PMs to you most definately do. I am just wondering if you read the right PM yet...

G

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You complained to another admin so you'll have to wait for that one to judge for himself. You may be waiting a while however. I'm not going to speak on his behalf, I'm merely telling you what my reaction would have been to it.

The system is working fine btw. We control the horizontal and the vertical around here.

sceptre wrote:
    Depending on how one chooses to read them, the read flag may not be changed. For people who click click read one by one it gets changed, when people use the other methods it doesn't. It's more a convenience and peace of mind tool than a tracking stalker tool (though actually when I think about it, the last online bit is probably useful to an atypical stalker).

So that's what it is...I was a bit confused there :D (edited to add) But sceptre, it just occurs...why in the WORLD would anyone PM a stalker and request a read receipt? Why in the world would anyone PM a stalker at all? :D

And Ecksor, it's ok, you can forget that PM now, so can the recipient...I'm now convinced that the constructive element could never work...so why should anyone waste another moment on it?

No big deal. :)

G

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally Posted by mechanima
    Also there seems to be a system glitch, because neither the PM in question, nor the forward I sent to you is showing a read receipt
    You can deny receipt of a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

merc wrote:
    yup.

I am paid to do it. I whinge on demand.

I have a dance.

really. so what's the going rate? Could i get you to whinge about Bono's grey hair....?

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    You can deny receipt of a PM.

I didn't know that...that's me and scripts, if I didn't write it I don't have a clue what it does or how...actually...sometimes even when I did write it...

:confused:

G

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So... six pages of people telling us how much they don't care about Rep at all. Really. Honest.

Well not entirely Ms Valentine, some don't care about their own reputation, some are outraged at Dingbat742's unfair giving of neg karma, some are completely batshit insane and some are just hopping on this thread and going on a magical journey to see where it leads them.

And that's only my troll accounts. The rest are Bubbles.

Hi Bubbles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

mechanima

Stop whinging will you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

merc wrote:
    I have a dance.

Ooh ooh! Can we see it?

merc wrote:
    ok so its only a one thumb icon. but you know where i was coming from...right? i so thought there was a two thumber :/

Just to let you know. People on the Cloud scheme see icon14.gif and not an actual thumb.

THT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

My head hurts after reading all of this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement