Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

essay for school

Options
  • 05-10-2004 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I love Irish, and even though I'm not good at it, I do higher level Irish. My first month into Second Year is just over, and my teacher gives us weekly essays. This weeks essay is a letter, (Litreach) about Mo cheantar nua (My new district). I find it hard to write these essays and I happened to stumble upon this forum whilst in search of a translator. Although I'm pretty sure I'd better off writing essays from what I know, and the handouts I get. So far I have the address then:

A mhuire,
    Táim fíorbhuíoch díot as ucht do litreach. Any idea what I should write next? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I love Irish, and even though I'm not good at it, I do higher level Irish. My first month into Second Year is just over, and my teacher gives us weekly essays. This weeks essay is a letter, (Litreach) about Mo cheantar nua (My new district). I find it hard to write these essays and I happened to stumble upon this forum whilst in search of a translator. Although I'm pretty sure I'd better off writing essays from what I know, and the handouts I get. So far I have the address then:

A mhuire,
    Táim fíorbhuíoch díot as ucht do litreach. Any idea what I should write next? :)

Just describe your town and what people do there in simple sentences - that way you're less likely to make mistakes. Use a dictionary to look up words and expressions you need and make sure your verbs are in the right tense etc. We can't do your homework here for you but if there's some aspect of the language you really can't fugure out or if you can't find a way of saying something, you could ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

A mhuire,

You should also note that the term "A Mhuire" only refers to the Virgin Mary and not your common or garden Mary. So unless you have a tendency to write letters to the Virgin Mary uo should use "A Mháire" at the beginning.

Advertisement