Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Dyflin wrote: »
    Free beer for limited time! :eek:

Just picked up a 6 pack of Castle Lager (bottles) in Superquinn in Knocklyon.

The item doesn't scan as it hasn't been entered into their system yet, so they give it to you for free. :cool:
    Please tell me you're going back for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The item doesn't scan as it hasn't been entered into their system yet, so they give it to you for free. :cool:

Surely they aren't all doing that for everybody though are they?!

*crosses fingers while muttering ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Yep this is normal when something doesn't scan in superquinn.Hurry do, chances are the management have been informed and the item has been removed.

Although if this happens you could be sneaky and find some floor staff that doesn't work near the alcohol area, who doesn't know about the recall, and ask them to grab you a few bottles from the back.Happy days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

joeybloggs wrote: »
    Yep this is normal when something doesn't scan in superquinn.Hurry do, chances are the management have been informed and the item has been removed.

Although if this happens you could be sneaky and find some floor staff that doesn't work near the alcohol area, who doesn't know about the recall, and ask them to grab you a few bottles from the back.Happy days. :rolleyes:

I think what they do is go to the computer and add the price for the item.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume Castle lager is muck.
    Speaking of which, I got my free Harp DVD (Mike Myers) yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Just got a HARP pint voucher & a DVD :D. Forgot I ever signed up ! Then I got the same again :eek:!

They were posted to the right address here in D13, but the HARP vouchers themselves have a strange Belfast address on them inside, with my name on top.

Anybody tried to cash them in at their local?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

kbannon wrote: »
    I presume Castle lager is muck.

Actually, it's one of the nicer beers around. Perfect for hot summer days (or average Irish spring days). Brewed and exported from SA.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I didn't get vouchers with my Harp DVD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Actually, it's one of the nicer beers around. Perfect for hot summer days (or average Irish spring days). Brewed and exported from SA.
    When I was in SA, the locals were mainly abandoning it when SAB changed their brewing technique.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Bet they would have changed their mind if it was free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

nava wrote: »
    I think what they do is go to the computer and add the price for the item.

It has to be added in head office, so its not that instant in going through the chain of command.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redhead123

Hey did anyone recieve their Heroes goodie bag from channel 6, who got an email confirming they were to get one, yet?
    Just wondering cause I havent! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

redhead123 wrote: »
    Hey did anyone recieve their Heroes goodie bag from channel 6, who got an email confirming they were to get one, yet?

Also still waiting for mine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I got the email last week or the week before but havent got the goodie bag yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fisiu

I'm also waiting for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Fisiu wrote: »
    I'm also waiting for it :)

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Get up to 4 Orange pay as you go SIM Cards
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/simevent/homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

waiting for my heroes bag also

anyone wanna email them and ask?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

jb91 wrote: »
    Apart from 2 T Mobile sims I've never received anything I heard about in this thread.

I was begining to think the same thing, then I get a call this morning from the wife saying "an eyeliner sample came through the post" she loves it :) sent that off months ago?

Now just to receive all the manly stuff, but so far, no guisness poker set, no rubgy pack even though I got a mail on the rubgy 4 Feb, no razors, no aftershave samples :(

Do they deliver guinness set / pack to Co. Meath? prolly not serves me right for moving from the Pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

event wrote: »
    waiting for my heroes bag also

anyone wanna email them and ask?
    Ah for God's sake!! It's only been a week, give it some time. And besides, what did your last slave die of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Blip wrote: »
    I was begining to think the same thing, then I get a call this morning from the wife saying "an eyeliner sample came through the post" she loves it :) sent that off months ago?

Now just to receive all the manly stuff, but so far, no guisness poker set, no rubgy pack even though I got a mail on the rubgy 4 Feb, no razors, no aftershave samples :(

Do they deliver guinness set / pack to Co. Meath? prolly not serves me right for moving from the Pale.

Guinness stuff takes a couple of weeks to send out, but if you got a mail then it's probably on the way. And they definitely send to Meath, it's a national campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah for God's sake!! It's only been a week, give it some time. And besides, what did your last slave die of?

relax would ye? :rolleyes:

i was just asking. the reason i didnt email is i dont have access to my work email here.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Blip wrote: »

got a poker set and rugby pack in limerick- took 2 months to come though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

free shower timer

more free stuff from the open university

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cheers , im sure ill find some use for it

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Thanks to this thread I've received:
    Guinness Poker Sets, Guinness Rugby pack, Guinness calendar, Plenty of Guinness vouchers, Luas reflective snap bands, Joop fragrance, Plenty of O2 sims, a T-Mobile sim, a Jack Daniels calendar, a Kids book, Old El Paso apron, Pigsback stress piggies, a bottle of water, natural confectionary company jellies...
    well thats all that springs to mind!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

M450 wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I've received:
    Guinness Poker Sets, Guinness Rugby pack, Guinness calendar, Plenty of Guinness vouchers, Luas reflective snap bands, Joop fragrance, Plenty of O2 sims, a T-Mobile sim, a Jack Daniels calendar, a Kids book, Old El Paso apron, Pigsback stress piggies, a bottle of water, natural confectionary company jellies...
    well thats all that springs to mind!! :D

The one's in bold i didnt get yet, how long for them to arrive :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

the waffling on really has to stop in this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement