Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

peggysue wrote: »
    I couldn't find it either yesterday. I tried this morning and it says that on Dec 14th you will be able to use the gift code

Guinness Gift

Great stuff! Will check it out on the 14th then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I think my postman is keeping all my post, I haven't got anything in months, no sign of my calenders from Jack Daniels or Guinness and various other freebies, not even my December Sky Guide :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I think my postman is keeping all my post, I haven't got anything in months, no sign of my calenders from Jack Daniels or Guinness and various other freebies, not even my December Sky Guide :confused:

Send yourself a letter and see if it arrives.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Send yourself a letter and see if it arrives.
    Good idea, I'll send my self a jiffy padded envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Good idea, I'll send my self a jiffy padded envelope.

Put BT1 1AA on it and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Put BT1 1AA on it and see what happens.
    I've done that for UK stuff, it's worked no problem before, not just that but stuff I've ordered from CD Wow, Play, even things from here in Ireland has not shown up. Items from CD Wow & Play were sent 3 weeks ago and they say they were sent to my address, think I'll ring my local An Post depot to find out whats going on (don't think I'll have much luck, didn't the last time I rang them :rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its probably being misdelivered to the wrong estate/block of houses etc. I'm in 'The Village Weir' in Lucan village- every Saturday myself and a neighbour from 'Weir View' meetup to exchange each other's post that has accumulated during the week. Packages and registered post are different (An Post don't deliver these anymore)- so there a few phone calls about stuff to be collected from the sorting office during the week too.

We really need to mandate a reliable company with some sort of a universal obligation to deliver post nationally, its very annoying not having one.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its probably being misdelivered to the wrong estate/block of houses etc. I'm in 'The Village Weir' in Lucan village- every Saturday myself and a neighbour from 'Weir View' meetup to exchange each other's post that has accumulated during the week.
    Your lucky, out this way that won't happen, I'll never see it if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭rameire

in the last 2 weeks got

becks beer glass.
    jack daniels calendar, use it for work cause its small.
    guinness calendar,
    used the code for the competition online, got a glass and can design and get printed another calendar.

im going to start up my own business renting out glasses to the pub trade. ive got so many over the last 3 years.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Packages and registered post are different (An Post don't deliver these anymore)

How come? Since when?

• Advertisement

How come? Since when?

I should rephrase that to- An Post don't deliver packages and registered post around here anymore. The postman doesn't even bring them with him. All he has is a wad of collection notices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I should rephrase that to- An Post don't deliver packages and registered post around here anymore. The postman doesn't even bring them with him. All he has is a wad of collection notices.

Seriously? Your postman doesn't even attempt to delivery packages, instead just posts you a collection docket?

That's very wrong indeed. The sender paid for it to be delivered to you, not for it to be delivered to your local sorting office. If I were the sender, I'd be looking for at least a partial refund.

Have you complained to An Post about your postman not doing his job properly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In Ennis there's 2 An Post deliveries each day, 1 with the regular post, the other with parcels and packets

In Dublin, in particular estates and apartment blocks with a large percentage of non-owner-occuppiers, An Post have given up on deliveries. Its too much trouble carrying around packages, parcels and registered items- when people either aren't at home, or often, the postman can't get into gated communities etc.......

Its a bitch, it really is. It takes me at least 20 minutes to drive to the sorting office (they closed the local office down), and I end up doing this twice or three times a week.......

It really is a bitch........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

Where do you get the unique code for the Guinness Gift thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dStSb

GLUEY wrote: »
    Where do you get the unique code for the Guinness Gift thing?
    If you received Guinness calendar in post. It is in that letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Clareman wrote: »
    In Ennis there's 2 An Post deliveries each day, 1 with the regular post, the other with parcels and packets

Same in the estate I'm in, the lad comes around each morning on his bicycle with the post. Larger items are dropped around an the An Post van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dStSb wrote: »
    If you received Guinness calendar in post. It is in that letter.
    im not getting any post lately except the bills so i wonder are the postmen in carlow sorting the junk and freebies from the regular post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

It takes me at least 20 minutes to drive to the sorting office (they closed the local office down), and I end up doing this twice or three times a week.......

It really is a bitch........
    Argh, that sucks! I've had it happen here a few times with eBay packages and the like transform into "we tried to deliver..." notices being slipped in the door while I'm home, indicating that they obviously didn't try to deliver :mad: If they're going to do that they should change the text to "we didn't try to deliver, it's just a pain in the hole for us to be honest".

The last time it happened (iirc, a box containing a pair of Heelys, and before that, two computing books), the guy in the sorting office said it was probably too heavy for the postman to carry safely.
    A pair of shoes? And a box with TWO BOOKS? :rolleyes:

'Twas admittedly a bit annoying carrying them home on my bicycle, but still... if you pay for delivery, you should get delivery. Irish post seems very expensive, too - I've bought a number of things on eBay where the cost of the item plus shipping (which is usually nothing for smaller items) together is a lot less than the cost of sending the same item from Dublin to Dublin. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Has anyone got that code for the free Guinness calender? Thanks. the site seems to be letting you put in the code. Had a good look for it but can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Free copy of Catherine's Christmas Baking Diary,

http://www.odlums.ie/index.php?page=mailing-list-sign-up

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

this is the bestest thread i ever found:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

free tickets for members to the screening of nowhere boy at the IFI on sunday to the first 150 respondents http://www.irishfilm.ie/fshot_comp_16122009.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

kerash wrote: »
    free tickets to the screening of nowhere boy at the IFI on sunday to the first 150 respondents http://www.irishfilm.ie/fshot_comp_16122009.asp
    It says I need a membership card

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

phasers wrote: »
    It says I need a membership card

Apologies I should have said you have to be a member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭crushproof

do we get a free sample of Biddy with that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,033 ✭✭✭✭muffler

crushproof wrote: »
    do we get a free sample of Biddy with that? :rolleyes:
    God forbid :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

muffler wrote: »
    God forbid :eek:

well Holy God!!!!
    :eek: