Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Got my pedometer. The cheapskates, you cant changge the battery. Not that i'd want to though!
    Arse, I didn't notice that :/

Got my plasters today. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Well you probably could if you could find one of those triangular screwdrivers...

Thirdfox wrote:
    Well you probably could if you could find one of those triangular screwdrivers...
    Aye, but it's a lot of effort :p They've obviously designed it so you can't, that's what's annoying.

McDonalds always use them for their toys... I had to smash one open to get their batteries before :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Thirdfox wrote:
    McDonalds always use them for their toys... I had to smash one open to get their batteries before :D
    yes i noticed that before, there hard to open

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭babycheeks

What did ye put in for the post code on the all bran site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

usuallly No ne or just ire la anything really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Thats a it extreme for a couple of cheapo batteries :)

More convenient than to find somewhere that sells the little button batteries...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Got my pedomoeter (749!) and bar yesterday. Is it just me or is it really hard to get the damn thing onto the waistband of your trousers??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Might be a sign :)

Personally I found it quite easy... maybe people have thicker trousers than I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

parsi wrote:
    Might be a sign :)

haha very funny....

The clippy thing is really narrow and very hard to open to get onto trousers. I even had trouble getting it onto my 5 year olds waistband last night (she insisted on having a go) and she is as skinny as a rake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

This thread is a very good idea,

but has anyone considered that to get most of these freebies, you need to provide your address and other contact details.

Your address and other contact details then get either kept for marketing purposes for the company you have requested the freebie item from or your details get sold onto a marketing agency to sell onto other companies.

Fair enough if you live in a rented house or apartment, but if its your own house or apartment, ye must get plauged by spam mail.

Could someone let me know if this is the case?

I might be worrying too much here, but i would be wary about sending out my contact details for small freebies like these.

Nope, since I do not agree to share my information to 3rd parties (and even the promoting company itself). I think it is due to some law that prevents people collecting information via a promise of financial gain (or something like that :p )

I've received no spam, just remember to untick (or tick) the I do/do not want to receive further information etc. etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

Thirdfox wrote:
    Nope, since I do not agree to share my information to 3rd parties (and even the promoting company itself). I think it is due to some law that prevents people collecting information via a promise of financial gain (or something like that :p )

I've received no spam, just remember to untick (or tick) the I do/do not want to receive further information etc. etc. :)

Yes but if there is no box to tick can they pass your information on to a third party without your consent?

I thought by law they must offer a way of not giving using your personal details... if I see a website without it I would most certainly not input any details into it (would seem highly suspicious to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Got my plasters and pedometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

Just finished going through 42 pages of freebies!! I can't believe Gonker won 5 mp3 players, I entered that loads and won nothing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 silverY

Got my pedometer, Cheers:D

Wheres the address for the plasters, cant find it?:confused:

Access wrote:
    This thread is a very good idea,

but has anyone considered that to get most of these freebies, you need to provide your address and other contact details.

Your address and other contact details then get either kept for marketing purposes for the company you have requested the freebie item from or your details get sold onto a marketing agency to sell onto other companies.

Fair enough if you live in a rented house or apartment, but if its your own house or apartment, ye must get plauged by spam mail.

Could someone let me know if this is the case?

I might be worrying too much here, but i would be wary about sending out my contact details for small freebies like these.

Personally I haven't received any junk mail and I've sent off for a ridiculous amount of free crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

ACCESS: has anyone considered that to get most of these freebies, you need to provide your address and other contact details
    Good point. Following the advice above (always read the 'opt in' or opt out' small print) is a good idea.

I also vary my address so that a postman can read it OK, but on a database it remains unique (i.e. instead of Sycamore Crescent, enter "Sycamor Cresent"). If you keep a list of the offer & address used, at least you can get in contact with the company if theres a problem with Spam!

I've never had a problem with it though (yet!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Scoops wrote:
    Just finished going through 42 pages of freebies!! I can't believe Gonker won 5 mp3 players, I entered that loads and won nothing!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

remember those USB drives that Microsoft were giving out, just got this from them :
    Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

got the same email. evil bons of sitches

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Brian017

Ditto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

they could have told us that at the time of registering.. If i remember correctly didn't they have ireland as the destination of posting?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

lau1247 wrote:
    they could have told us that at the time of registering.. If i remember correctly didn't they have ireland as the destination of posting?
    Yup, they did. I never recieved the email tho... strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement