Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Got my tree on fri too. Ground is rock hard so does anyone know how to store it for a week or two or will it just die. Its still in its tube at the moment, and i've never grown anything in my life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Got my tree on fri too. Ground is rock hard so does anyone know how to store it for a week or two or will it just die. Its still in its tube at the moment, and i've never grown anything in my life.

You can keep it in its tube quite happily for a few weeks- providing you don't have it indoors. The tree is in hibernation mode- if you keep it indoors- you should unpack it and pot it in some moist compost (and await the spring for transplanting it out.

Note- make sure you take the muslin bag off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭iLoveTwilight

Woo got my tree ! A lovely scots pine , just in time for christmas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

yay got my tree,it appears frozen though...

Note in the door advising of a package ready for collection in the sorting office. I'm guessing its another tree :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

My Tree has arrived :) Cheers OP :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Not one but 2 trees arrived for me today, from 2 different postman, bringing my grand total to 4 trees!
    Not at home so not sure of state of these ones, but first ones looked half dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭billyhead

I will not be able to collect my tree from the sorting office until after Christmas and I was wondering would it die stored in the container until then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Got my Scots Pine tree this morning :)

billyhead wrote: »
    I will not be able to collect my tree from the sorting office until after Christmas and I was wondering would it die stored in the container until then?

Depends on whether its in a warm room, or in a cold warehouse type place. If its a warm room- yes, it is likely it might die, if a cold trolley in an unheated warehouse- it'll be just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭rameire

Been a while since I last posted, but got 2 trees today in the post! Thanks OP! :D:D

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Couldn't figure out what was in the tube thing delivered today ....... a silver birch!!!
    Now, do I keep it in the tube in my garage or outside or do I pot it and keep it indoors in the hope thwt it will survive??????

Only wrote: »
    Couldn't figure out what was in the tube thing delivered today ....... a silver birch!!!
    Now, do I keep it in the tube in my garage or outside or do I pot it and keep it indoors in the hope thwt it will survive??????

Take it out of the tube
    Moisten the compost around it
    Keep it in a cold dark place
    Plant it out when conditions allow

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks smc!!!
    Will put do as you say and put it in a big box in the garage (to keep light out) .... and if it doesn't grow in the spring I'll blame you :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

With less than 1 week until Christmas we would*like to take the chance to wish you all a very Happy Christmas. We would like to reward you for your loyalty this year by hosting a Free Christmas Party for you! That’s right on Wednesday December 22nd we will be giving you a*Free drink on arrival, Free tapas between 7:30 and 8:30 and a Free Christmas gift for the first 100 people through the doors. Also, one lucky person will be staying the night in our Deluxe Suite. So don't forget your Toothbrush!*To reserve your place just mail liveinvite@gmail.com.

This is in The Morgan Hotel in Temple Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

smccarrick wrote: »
    Keep it in a cold dark place

Moisten the compost around it

I would be afraid to leave anything containing liquid in our shed, alot of stuff is frozen in there.
    Went for a can of paint to do some touch ups -- the effing stuff was frozen solid.
    Shortly after I went to get some potatoes and they were in mush, the guy in the veg. shop reckons that they got frosted = frozen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Got my tree as well. Thanks OP. Going to stick it in a pot till we get some suitable weather :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Got my tights! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Two pairs of free tights arrived today - thank you OP!

• Advertisement

For o2 treat customers only

COCOA ATELIER

FREE Chocolate Giveaway
    COCOA ATELIER is the new name in fresh Irish handmade chocolates. To celebrate our first Christmas, and to coincide with the launch of our 2nd COCOA ATELIER store in House of Fraser Dundrum TC, we are delighted to offer 1,000 lucky O2 customers a FREE Gift Box of 2 luxurious Irish Handmade chocolates to enjoy on us. It’s a sweet treat, exclusive to O2!
    Simply choose a redeem option below to receive your code and then pick up your complimentary box of 2 handmade chocolates from either of our stores in Dublin.
    http://dailytreats.o2online.ie/viewdailytreat.aspx?tid=613

If you vote on The Moy Park competition finalists you get a free €3 voucher off of any Moy Park product

http://www.moypark.ie/moyparkandme/?dm_i=1IR,C2UM,T1F0K,Y73D,1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

If this tree doesn't arrive today it looks like Iwillactually have to buy my mum a Christmas present:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Finally got my book light and a Barry's Tea mug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭elaicah

received my booklight :) I'd given up on it as seems like ages since I gave details for that

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

Still no sign of my tree, I'm gonna find out where my postie lives to see if he has a new tree planted in his garden :D
    Got my tights today...thanks OP!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I got my Barry's Tea mug and my free little game thing from liking that kids' shop on Facebook. It's class for a freebie. Much better than the 1970s tights. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

got my barry's tea mug as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Got my tree yesterday.....Thanks OP....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just my luck. Got tights the day the banks are closed for a week :-(
    Cant use em till after Christmas.
    SEASONS GREETINGS all and thanks for the freebies :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement