Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

netwhizkid wrote:
    I got the Avery Sample Business Cards yesterday, however everything else I signed up for never arrived except a perfume sample which I ordered for my sister.

I reckon half them are just a way of getting People names and address +email so they can spam you and Identity Theft also comes to mind. Watching that Prime Time Programme tonight about the Premium text scams makes me much more vigilent of these "free" things. Remember there no such thing as a free lunch in life.

Hi

We do get some free stuff, lots of users here got free Guinness poker set, free Fon WIFI router, plus lots of other stuff.

We just have to be careful what companies we give our info to.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

Great list btw keep em coming! God I ordered so much free crap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

netwhizkid wrote:
    I reckon half them are just a way of getting People names and address +email so they can spam you and Identity Theft also comes to mind. Watching that Prime Time Programme tonight about the Premium text scams makes me much more vigilent of these "free" things. Remember there no such thing as a free lunch in life.

Sure but your choice if you put in your correct name, email address, date of birth etc. I've gotten quite a few free things but I the only correct or important detail I put in is my address and at the end of the day I'm renting so I don't really care about how much spam eventually gets sent here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got my free ears, what a laugh... Won't stay in properly but i don't mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

skincare book

http://www.mydaughtersskin.co.uk/

regards,
    gar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I got some big red walk ears in the post today. Don't fit my ears though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Free Vodafone UK sim (may or may not work for Irish people, give it a try anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is anyone else having tremendous trouble trying to keep those ears on, they just keep falling off!!!

Stupid inferior product!;)

use a bit of superglue and you will be fine:)*

*dont really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Murt10

netwhizkid wrote:
    I got the Avery Sample Business Cards yesterday, however everything else I signed up for never arrived except a perfume sample which I ordered for my sister.

I've received loads of stuff including the poker set. I'm paranoid about giving out my real details as well, but it's easy enough to avoid doing this.

1. Open up an email address that you use just for this type of thing. 2. If you get an em with attachments no matter who it's from delete it. 3. Never give your normal real 1st name. If your called John call yourself Johnny or something like that on the application form. 4. Always mispell your surname. Murphy becomes Murph or O'Murphy etc. 5. Always mix up your dob. If you were born on 11/2/60 put your dob on all these entries as 2/11/60.

Anyone trying to steal your ID with that information is going to have some job.

Murt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

.... Yes becasue it'd takie a criminal master mind to figure out Murph is actually murphy. Just use a false name.

Like BIG HAIRY NUTS.... it'll all be automated, so when a letter for BIG HAIRY NUTS arrives in your door, open it.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭borntoshop

http://www.lorealparis.co.uk/minisites/indestructible/index.asp

Studio Lines Indestructible Hair sample.

You need to login/ register, for the Wii and you will be entered for the samples. Check Terms. open to UK and Ireland. Good luck.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Doesn't work here, offers to sell me one for 2 gbp though :)

Anyone know of any Poker chip offers still running like the Guinness one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

5Gb of free online storage space at www.xdrive.com all you need to do is sign up for an AOL Screen Name, it's a little bit of work but worth it. I found it easier to sign up here http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow on the UK web site. You also get a separate email address with 2Gb of storage.

There's separate optional desktop software for X Drive too. It maps a network drive on your PC (you can see it in My Computer) that allows you to drag and drop files, do automatic back ups, uplaod pictures, files and web content straight into your online storage space. You'd need a fast broadband connection to make this software useful. It's available here: http://www.xdrive.com/power_tools.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

sorry to steal your thunder Oracle but for those interested in free storage.. MediaMax offer 25GB for free.. and you get a nifty little program to upload with.
    All you have to do is drag and drop the files into the main window of the program and up they go!! Quite the handy I must say!!!

free wristband watch
    http://www.ladyprotector.co.uk/

be quick only 1000 available

regards,
    gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

To avoid getting spam, fill out forms using an e-mail address from here. Each e-mail lasts 10 minutes.

;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jc7 wrote:
    To avoid getting spam, fill out forms using an e-mail address from here. Each e-mail lasts 10 minutes.

;-)

Or you could do what most people I know do and use something like gmail for your proper email account and have a hotmail or something for signing up for rubbish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

free sample of new dunhill "pursuit"
    http://www.dunhillfragrances.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

Its not for a free poker set is it?. Its just to register.

EDIT it is sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

mathew wrote:
    sorry to steal your thunder Oracle but for those interested in free storage.. MediaMax offer 25GB for free.. and you get a nifty little program to upload with.
    All you have to do is drag and drop the files into the main window of the program and up they go!! Quite the handy I must say!!!

Steal my thunder, how dare you!! :D Good find Mathew the more freebie online storage the better I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭borntoshop

http://www.dryspellinstitute.co.uk/

Free pack of Wrigleys ICE, enjoy.
    Says 28 days to arrive, click on Treatments.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Rhodney

http://www.skywire.co.uk/dior/capture_r6080/sample.html

says for U.K only but if you check the Store locater, there are available shops for collection (samples) in ireland...
    goodluck.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:
    Offer expired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement