Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

And a cool Irish freebie at that, no need to make up postcodes etc. Doesn't say how long it takes though!

yeah true, bt1 2ab is a legend of a fake postcode though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Free Old El Paso Fiesta Fun Pack. You need a mobile phone as they send a code to it straight away after registration. First 500 get packs (apron, cd, voucher for free bottle of wine, serving dish, flower garland, truth or dare game), next 1500 get apron.

http://www.greatnightoutin.ie/default.aspx

(Found this one on an ad on Boards!!)

Nice one. :D Just spotted the banner ad there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Ruu wrote: »
    Nice one. :D Just spotted the banner ad there.

Its been saying "458 left" since i signed up at 00:45 this morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

just signed up - still says 458 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

oleras wrote: »
    Its been saying "458 left" since i signed up at 00:45 this morning ?

Yeah noticed that last night that it said 458 before I registered and still 458 after I registered. Thought it'd be fixed by this this morning. Obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

thanks a mill, thats a cool freebie:), i think the code is universal a couple of other people got the same one as me, so for anyone that doesnt want to enter their mobile number the code is fefojugohu

Got a different code their, maybe they change them every day/hour. My code was mojukoaraj

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

i think the code is universal a couple of other people got the same one as me, so for anyone that doesnt want to enter their mobile number the code is fefojugohu

I used my mobile twice in the space of a few mins to register both myself and my boyfriend (different address so it was ok) and I got different codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

390 left now.

And got a different code too.

Sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Yip - 390 for me too. And a different code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tokyojoe

<SNIP>

EDIT: tokyojoe, you're obviously new here so take this as a first and final warning. If you have a problem, take it up in 'Feedback' - this is not the place to vent your angers at the members and administration of Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

110 left with a different code.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Weaselator

okidoki987 wrote: »
    110 left with a different code.
    Yip same for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Free Old El Paso Fiesta Fun Pack. You need a mobile phone as they send a code to it straight away after registration. First 500 get packs (apron, cd, voucher for free bottle of wine, serving dish, flower garland, truth or dare game), next 1500 get apron.

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks for that. Good freebie that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

i got on to that old el paso one too!

hehe..
    nice freebie!:D

People I need more freebies!! Lack of freebies is making me give my students a test tomorrow...AN IRISH TEST!! You have the power to save the children!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

People I need more freebies!! Lack of freebies is making me give my students a test tomorrow...AN IRISH TEST!! You have the power to save the children!!
    Nahhhhh. Make them sweat.

smashey wrote: »
    Nahhhhh. Make them sweat.

Ya, and they will sweat because they were too busy complaining that they don't need to know metalwork in Irish because they don't do it in school ('Oh sorry Mr. Examiner guy, I didn't realise the Junior Cert wasn't personalised based on my own life...') so most of them don't even realise they have a test!!

Right, back to the freebies......oh wait, I don't have any. :(:(:(

Depressionville!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

0 left. Fascist Mexican gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

0 left. Fascist Mexican gits.

Ha ha ha! :D True!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

It said 0 left for me too ... but i filled it out anyway, and it said they'd deliver in 28 days

juror wrote: »
    It said 0 left for me too ... but i filled it out anyway, and it said they'd deliver in 28 days

I dont think that that 0 takes into account the 1500 aprons they are giving out, so you'll probably get one of those.

Oh, it's saying 1500 now!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I dont think that that 0 takes into account the 1500 aprons they are giving out, so you'll probably get one of those.

Oh, it's saying 1500 now!!

You know- I feel bored. I think I'll ring their personnel department and try to get a part time job sorting out the coding ****e on their website for them......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Here we go:

[/geek programming chat]
    To be honest, Old El Paso are using a static image for their advertisement of 1500 aprons:

http://www.greatnightoutin.ie/images/homeImages/competition.png

You can hardly expect some monkey to be there 24 hours a day counting applications entered online, then editing and re-upload the image as applications come in! :D

But yes, why they didn't just have a SQL statement with COUNT on the table the entries are being stored in and then drawing the number represented by 1500 - COUNT(*) on the image using (in my opinion) a combination of PHP and CSS is beyond me!
    [/geek programming chat]

:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Or how about injecting javascript into a static gif?
    I never liked sql.......

Yep, that'd work alright!

How would you get the number of entries using pure Javascript though? Eh, eh?! ;)

I suppose you could keep a counter of the number of visitors who reached the final page and insert it alright. Wouldn't be as accurate as SQL though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

basquille wrote: »
    Here we go:

[/geek programming chat]
    To be honest, Old El Paso are using a static image for their advertisement of 1500 aprons:

http://www.greatnightoutin.ie/images/homeImages/competition.png

You can hardly expect some monkey to be there 24 hours a day counting applications entered online, then editing and re-upload the image as applications come in! :D

But yes, why they didn't just have a SQL statement with COUNT on the table the entries are being stored in and then drawing the number represented by 1500 - COUNT(*) on the image using (in my opinion) a combination of PHP and CSS is beyond me!
    [/geek programming chat]

:eek:

Not very geeky - you never started geek programming chat...just ended it twice :p

Good spot Thirdfox...

... you crafty bastard. You're going in my 'To Kill' list!

smccarrick wrote: »
    Or how about injecting javascript into a static gif?
    I never liked sql.......

My head hurts..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

If anybody wants a free Logitech Steering Wheel and foot pedals for Playstation 2 PM me. If not, it's going in the rubbish. Needs to be collected in Waterford!

Try sticking it up in the free stuff forum on adverts.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement