Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

got my el paso apron today (a bit late as i was cooking for 7 yesterday and it would of come in handy!!!) not the greatest quality and i would have to be 3 foot taller and 10 stone heaver for it to fit, still anything free is a bonus!!!

Today is St.Stephens day?Are you married to the postman(or postwoman)!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Free audiobook download (Free registration required)
    Jane Austen's 'Persuasion' (Unabridged), read by Greta Scacchi: http://www.audible.co.uk/aduk/site/offers/registerProduct.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Karoma wrote: »
    Free audiobook download (Free registration required)
    Jane Austen's 'Persuasion' (Unabridged), read by Greta Scacchi: http://www.audible.co.uk/aduk/site/offers/registerProduct.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

*shrug*

I'll have that. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

First time i came across this section of boards, oh my god I have spent the last few hours registering for almost every free sample ye posted up over the last 6 weeks! Thanks (I think!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Got the small poker set today too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Join the Homebase Spend and Save loyalty card scheme and use your card before 2nd. January 2008 and get €15 in vouchers in your next mailing. The card gives you up to 10% back after a qualifying spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Oracle wrote: »
    Join the Homebase Spend and Save loyalty card scheme and use your card before 2nd. January 2008 and get €15 in vouchers in your next mailing. The card gives you up to 10% back after a qualifying spend.

meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my sentiments exactly brother sb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Order an O2 Freedom Sim for free
    http://o2freedom.o2online-media.ie/SimOrderDetail.aspx?

Then, when you get it, go into your local vodafone store and port the number and you get €10 credit free every month for a year.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freesim/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

^^deal of the century, have you tried it yet. I was thinking of jumping from meteor to vodafone anyway, can i do the above get a new simcard/number with the €10 a month and port my own number from meteor to vodafone, getting another €10 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Timmaay wrote: »
    ^^deal of the century, have you tried it yet. I was thinking of jumping from meteor to vodafone anyway, can i do the above get a new simcard/number with the €10 a month and port my own number from meteor to vodafone, getting another €10 a month?

deal of the century is a bit much.

Vodafone is a crap network

Ok, fair enought deal of the century is a bit ott, €10 in call credit is only worth about €6 with meteor because of vodafones silly call charges, but still, free call credit is free call credit. I'm getting a bit sick of the crap meteor signal where I am anyway, I'll try and get two of these vodafone sims anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ok, fair enought deal of the century is a bit ott, €10 in call credit is only worth about €6 with meteor because of vodafones silly call charges, but still, free call credit is free call credit. I'm getting a bit sick of the crap meteor signal where I am anyway, I'll try and get two of these vodafone sims anyway.

To be quite honest- Meteor is only good value if all your friends are on Meteor. They charge by and far the highest termination charges of any network on calls from landlines or other mobile networks. Your cheap Meteor calls are subsidised by anyone who has to call you who is not on your network :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Meteor really is good value if all your friends are on it. I find it really popular with Young people

Youth is a state of mind.....
    Seriously though- the only reason the calls are cheap is because they are cross subsidised by charging anyone ringing the Meteor network from elsewhere an arm and a leg. Given number portability its not fair- as you have no idea which network a number is on. I used to have our phones programmed to block all outgoing calls to the 085 numbers- it saved a small fortune. Wasn't popular- but hell, it saved money. Strangely enough you don't tend to have people from O2 or Vodafone popping over to the Meteor network- or if they do, they tend to move back pretty quickly, as the network coverage is appalling. Its only recently that they got their international roaming agreements up and running like a normal network too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

smccarrick wrote: »
    Seriously though- the only reason the calls are cheap is because they are cross subsidised by charging anyone ringing the Meteor network from elsewhere an arm and a leg. Given number portability its not fair- as you have no idea which network a number is on. I used to have our phones programmed to block all outgoing calls to the 085 numbers- it saved a small fortune. Wasn't popular- but hell, it saved money. Strangely enough you don't tend to have people from O2 or Vodafone popping over to the Meteor network- or if they do, they tend to move back pretty quickly, as the network coverage is appalling. Its only recently that they got their international roaming agreements up and running like a normal network too.

Maybe but I always find that on Meteor, I have far better coverage than my parents, who are with Vodafone. This is in both rural and urban areas.

But all this chat is completely off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

smccarrick wrote: »
    What a load of bull.

There are no special 'high termination rates' for the Meteor network (none that the customer sees anyway). There are no special rates for ringing Meteor above o2 or Vodafone. Mobile networks are all treated the same.

However, I found o2 quite the rip-off:

Daytime costs:
    Meteor 20 pm
    o2 63c pm

Tests:
    Meteor 9c
    o2 13c

Of course, all networks discount calls/texts to their own network, some at more favourable levels than others.

Sorry for the very OT posting. I'm done.

cast_iron wrote: »
    What a load of bull.

There are no special 'high termination rates' for the Meteor network (none that the customer sees anyway). There are no special rates for ringing Meteor above o2 or Vodafone. Mobile networks are all treated the same.

Not so. Comreg granted Meteor much higher termination charges to encourage growth of their network as the two incumbents O2 and Vodafone, had the market stitched up before Meteor launched (its launch was delayed by almost 3 years). Those charges are double those granted to Vodafone or O2 and are reflected in the higher costs it costs to call Meteor from those networks. I can dig out the Comreg report for you (I have a hard-copy here).

Yes, we're gone very off topic here, My comment on €10 vodafone credit being equivalent to €6 meteor was a rough guess based on how long a €10 of credit lasted, I only use about €10-15 a month, I've better things to be than working out how I can save a yoyo or 2 a month.

I tend to jump backwards and forwards between meteor and vodafone one a year, taking advantage of as much free credit and a new phone at the same time, but this deal seems better again.

The only problem I have with the free vodafone sim is will my existing meteor phone work with the vodafone sim?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

2 * €1 CD-WOW vouchers, use by today

31cfc-4d07b-ea54e-7772b
    2b1a9-c4c0c-44c7c-76401

Please post if you've used them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Free university lectures.
    Cannot comment on quality just yet (Too much to test - a diverse range of topics/courses/well-known Universities). http://www.lecturefox.com/

Cannot comment on quality just yet (Too much to test - a diverse range of topics/courses/well-known Universities). http://www.lecturefox.com/

Had a listen to General Chemistry 1,2 & 3- seems like first year stuff, but detailed enough, and definitely helpful. Ye gods- the variety of stuff in there is bizarre- there is even a tennis lesson. Nice find Karoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

/downloads the second law and quantum physics.

Easy. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

smashey wrote: »
    /downloads the second law and quantum physics.

Easy. :eek:

Argh, please don't mention quantum physics! :mad:
    The long hot days of a summer spent studying for repeats are too painful to recall..... :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

But it's free. :D

smashey wrote: »
    But it's free. :D

So is a kick in the nuts, which would be less painful:p:p:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Barcardi 128MB USB Flash drive arrived :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement