Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

signed up for guinness rugby set, got the poker set previously :)

sent off for Free Luas reflective armbands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Cabaal wrote: »

Cabaal, where do you sign up for the guinness rugby set & i assume you have to use a diff address for it, so's not to arouse suspicion :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ruu wrote: »
    Thanks, Ruu. I'll try my hand getting the T Mobile SIM's. I've been unsuccessful in the past getting O2 SIM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭tech

Hi I have signed up for a few of these FREE UK sims

And to date I have never got them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Not sure how it works, http://www.bebo.com/itunesie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

tech wrote: »
    Hi I have signed up for a few of these FREE UK sims

And to date I have never got them :(
    Heh, I just checked and I have one from T-Mobile, one from Vodafone and six from O2. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

I got two from Virgin Mobile with £7 free credit. The link was posted here a while back I think, but here it is anyway.
    http://www.virginmobile.co.uk/promo/duoSim.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Got my free tractor stickers! 6 srickers and a window sticker as well as a certificate saying ..... is a memeber of the tractor sam fanclub.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Barcardi 128MB USB Flash drive arrived :)

Where can you apply to this

• Advertisement

standbyme wrote: »
    Cabaal, where do you sign up for the guinness rugby set & i assume you have to use a diff address for it, so's not to arouse suspicion :rolleyes:

You'll find the link on the Guinness main page, or the link is about 3 pages back,

I used the same details as the poker set

steve 0 wrote: »
    Not sure how it works, http://www.bebo.com/itunesie

Offer sounds good but then you leanr they pick the song and its only every Saturday, its no different to what Apple do each week in the UK.

They pick a song and they give it away for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Offer sounds good but then you leanr they pick the song and its only every Saturday, its no different to what Apple do each week in the UK.

They pick a song and they give it away for free :)

are you sure? i was sent a code last week and got to pick my own song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

You'll find the link on the Guinness main page, or the link is about 3 pages back,

I used the same details as the poker set

Yeah i tried out that link & strangely enough it wouldnt work like the poker link as well?, so i checked to see if i had it bookmarked earlier on (save me lookin thru pages) & yes i found it!

But i've no idea why it doesnt work? Has anyone else come across that?

Thanks again Cabaal.

FECK! That link's not working either??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I only got my Guinness poker set today. No sign of the rugby one yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Ive Just read all 138 Pages of this thread today. eyes are sore but It will be worth it when freemageddon Begins !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive Just read all 138 Pages of this thread today. eyes are sore but It will be worth it when freemageddon Begins !!

well if you set up your profile another way, it could have only been 69 pages! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Where can you apply to this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165381 They were offering 15,000 of them back in October, and their poor old server couldn't handle the flash mob.

Oh yeah the www.onesmallstep.ie step counter arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭banchang

snubbleste wrote: »
    Order an O2 Freedom Sim for free
    http://o2freedom.o2online-media.ie/SimOrderDetail.aspx?

Then, when you get it, go into your local vodafone store and port the number and you get €10 credit free every month for a year.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freesim/

Applied for the O2 SIM yesterday & it arrived today.

I already have a Vodafone PAYG phone. Dont understand the porting piece above.

What do I do - is this any use to me ?

Got my two Free Luas reflective armbands today, that was quick!
    There nice,

While I won't be using them for walking I will be using them on my bike as I'm going to stick them on my bag :)

For anyone interested here's what they look like,

armbands.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Applied for the O2 SIM yesterday & it arrived today.
    I already have a Vodafone PAYG phone. Dont understand the porting piece above.
    What do I do - is this any use to me ?

Well, you need to go into a vodafone store and say you want to port with your (new) O2 number. They will then check that the number is yours, usually by calling the O2 number, so you need to be able to use the O2 SIM you got. They will then issue you with a Vodafone SIM with the same number.

Alternativey, apply online
    https://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freesim/
    Fill in the form for the 'Switch to vodafone'. Under 'Keep your current mobile number', use the O2 SIM you got. Vodafone will send you a porting pack in the post, follow the instructions in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

sent away for the free wildlife book at the weekened, got a wildlife catalogue today.
    Shenanigans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

snubbleste wrote: »
    Order an O2 Freedom Sim for free
    http://o2freedom.o2online-media.ie/SimOrderDetail.aspx?

Then, when you get it, go into your local vodafone store and port the number and you get €10 credit free every month for a year.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freesim/
    I got my O2 sim in the post yesterday. So I went into a Vodafone store and the guy only said I'd get €50 for switching, so I told him about this offer and he said you can only get it online. I dunno, but I ordered it online anyway.

I'm just wondering, are you sure you get the €10 every month free? Or do you have to top up every month to get the €10's? I was reading the terms and conditions and it was a bit unclear: Terms and Conditions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm pretty sure the guy in the shop was wrong. It was €50 last summer and they upped it to €120 for christmas.
    You don't have to top-up at all with the free sim, but you may have to make a chargeable call at some point over the year.
    The T&C's only say "The amount of credit received upon Registration will depend on the call credit offer that is valid on the date that the Account Activation is completed"

I applied in late november and have had my free call credit applied for december.
    It's a bit of hassle getting the deal, but it is worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

nerin wrote: »
    sent away for the free wildlife book at the weekened, got a wildlife catalogue today.
    Shenanigans!!!

lol, got mine today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

nerin wrote: »
    Shenanigans!!!

Yeah- I got the so called "book" today, and what a load of rubbish. It is, as you say a catalogue and NOT worth getting unless you want to buy some bird feeders or the like......I guess you win some and you lose some!:mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

muincav wrote: »
    Yeah- I got the so called "book" today, and what a load of rubbish. It is, as you say a catalogue and NOT worth getting unless you want to buy some bird feeders or the like......I guess you win some and you lose some!:mad:
    How much did it cost you in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kbannon wrote: »
    How much did it cost you in the end?
    Exactly. The amount of people that complain after they get their FREEBIES is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Well if you're promised one thing and you get something else, it's only natural to feel a little upset.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement