Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list [use post code BT11AA for UK related]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I got mine separately, in fact they've sent me three or four sets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wonder who runs the promotion on their behalf- they seem to be all over the place.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Your FREE gift is now on its way to you when you register on phonevolts
    link

*Free gifts can only be sent to addresses within Ireland, UK, Europe, Canada and the USA without making an order. If you live in a different country your free gift will be delivered with your first order.

No purchase necessary! - One gift per household.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

What free gift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

A big pile of mobile spam, no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

devil-80 wrote: »
    What free gift?

A while back I got a Nokia neck strap for the phone. Similar to Neck Strap

jimbo78 wrote: »
    A big pile of mobile spam, no doubt

I get the newsletter about 1 a week, but does have the option to unsuscribe if you want to.

Never got anything from them, but in the last 1 they have the Nokia Charger Convertor (CA-44) for 0.01.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

nava wrote: »
    I get the newsletter about 1 a week, but does have the option to unsuscribe if you want to.

Never got anything from them, but in the last 1 they have the Nokia Charger Convertor (CA-44) for 0.01.

Regards

Those converters are a bit of a sham. Maybe I got a dud but it hasnt worked with any of the old chargers I've tried?

Those converters are a bit of a sham. Maybe I got a dud but it hasnt worked with any of the old chargers I've tried?

I got 1 in Phone Xpo in tallaght aobut a year ago, and did work with the Nok 6234

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I am still waiting or the poker set (Nov) I saw them on sale for 20 euro in Lidl last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Traumadoc wrote: »
    I am still waiting or the poker set (Nov) I saw them on sale for 20 euro in Lidl last week

I'm waiting as well. Will yis hurry the fcuk up already! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

They are down to 15 euro in Lidl (though not exactly the same contents).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Another anti-virus freebie - this time McAfee VirusScan Plus, for 1 year.
    Courtesy of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54916141#post54916141

I'll type it again though, this is second only to Norton IS in the pain-in-the-ass-to-remove category. It's only for those who already use McAfee, or want to get tied-in or those who feel comfortable removing it or will be likely to format the computer in <=year.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Karoma wrote: »
    Another anti-virus freebie - this time McAfee VirusScan Plus, for 1 year.
    Courtesy of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54916141#post54916141

I'll type it again though, this is second only to Norton IS in the pain-in-the-ass-to-remove category. It's only for those who already use McAfee, or want to get tied-in or those who feel comfortable removing it or will be likely to format the computer in <=year.
    AVG Free FTW!
    http://free.grisoft.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

Sign up to BMI Diamond Club url=http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/reward-schemes/diamond-club/diamond-club.aspx?]here[/url and get 9,000 frequent flyer points (enough for a return trip within Zone 1 [UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland] or for 6,000 points and £70 between Ireland and zone 2 [Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearics), Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Yugoslavia]).

Not usually as cheap as the likes of Ryanair, but handy for arriving into central airports and not *that* expesnive either

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

mcic wrote: »
    Sign up to BMI Diamond Club url=http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/reward-schemes/diamond-club/diamond-club.aspx?]here[/url and get 9,000 frequent flyer points (enough for a return trip within Zone 1 [UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland] or for 6,000 points and £70 between Ireland and zone 2 [Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearics), Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Yugoslavia]).

Not usually as cheap as the likes of Ryanair, but handy for arriving into central airports and not *that* expesnive either

Do the flights have to be between UK and another country or can you fly from Ireland? Just had a look at the T and Cs and I'm confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

kbannon wrote: »

Unless you want to play Bioshock, then its AVAST! HOMEPAGE

but I find the AV updates a pain in the a*se with avast. much more intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I get guinness poker pack(this which one i order for my girlfriend)-Where i can collect 2 Guinness cans??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mcic wrote: »

Doh! Website down for maintenance......

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

still down, :( nice freebie tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

janeybabe wrote: »
    Do the flights have to be between UK and another country or can you fly from Ireland? Just had a look at the T and Cs and I'm confused!

You can fly between any of the countries in zone one, or zone two for the extra fees.

When you take into account the taxes and charges, flights between zone one countries don't work out that cheap (unless you go the the more far-away places with little competition, or if you want to fly direct to Heathrow).

But going between zone one and zone two (e.g. London to Russia works out at 6000 miles plus £70, plus taxes. For dates in September this works out as £70 + £90 (£160 all in) versus £715.80 for a restricted economy flight. So you can save a lot, but it's not so great for short haul trips. For other dates the savings are even bigger (Moscow is just one example) (Also, the availability won't be as good as if you were to buy a ticket straight out).

The website's been up and down over the weekend, when it's up it's going very slowly too. Possibly a lot of demand for new registrations? Pity they don't mention that it's down until after you go through the whole registration process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Mine came today - addressed to Cork - no problem - I suppose it is possible that someday I'll be daft enough to go back to Dumpland and maybe use the Jerry Lee......

However - it is a mite small - more like a wristband really - won't snap around an arm with jumper and coat on..... still, 'twas FREE!

db.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Lads Take a look here http://www.ofree.net/international_freebies.html
    Seems Like these offers are available internationally ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Lads Take a look here http://www.ofree.net/international_freebies.html
    Seems Like these offers are available internationally ?

Did ya try anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Vain wrote: »
    Did ya try anything?

Yeah I went for most of the Tshirt offers and a beer opener. I only found it today so time will tell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

LoLth wrote: »

Avast! is actually pretty good... It's a lot better on system resources than most expensive ones I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

LoLth wrote: »

Avast! > AVG
    (To the previous poster: I linked to a free copy of AVG Pro as well before. I think it's back up. Some people might prefer McAfee... *shrug*)

Intrusive in what way?
    Program Settings - Update (Basic) -- change how it should choose.
    and Troubleshooting - Check for fullscreen applications... -- to make sure it doesn't mess up a game.

Sorry; we digress - if a mod wants to chop this out and move it into a thread under Tech that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

nava wrote: »
    A while back I got a Nokia neck strap for the phone. Similar to Neck Strap

One of these arrived in the post today for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redhead123

This site has a few good freebies plus it tell you which ones are available in uk and Ireland

http://www.freebielist.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

My O2 UK sim card (from a few pages back) came today :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement